cheesecake factory

Options
has anyone been recently?! the mister and i have a lunch date today and i don't know what to get! they have that new low cal menu called "skinnylicious" but is it good? any idea? i am thinking of edamame and then splitting the flatbread margherita pizza from the skinnylicious menu which doesnt look 2 bad calorie wise but wondering if it will be tasty. if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it!

Replies

• cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oooh that sounds delicious I'm jealous big time. I've only been there once and wasn't a huge fan but I'd image their website may say something? .....if you need someone to split that with......:tongue:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there, sorry. Prior to wanting to become more healthy, I would go there. Now it's just too much of a temptation to eat something....WRONG!!!!! :laugh:

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    they won't post their calories but they have a range for them on the site.... but i guess ill go with it as planned and then i can let you know if it was tasty and filling :)
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake factory exists? I thought that was just on Big Bang Theory :D HAH im amused :)
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We have one 4 hours away, in Portland. My daughter and I took a trip up there last week and decided to treat ourselves! I did not see the skinny menu at all. We ordered a steak sandwich (to split), and it wasn't very good at all! But......we did order their Hersheys Chocolate cheesecake! (we are both eating at maintenance, so we have a few extra available calories every day), but oh my........that particular cheesecake was 1580 calories! Can you believe it? We split it, but still! It was so amazing and delicious, but it upset my daughters stomach for hours. Too much for someone who's been careful with their eating for 6 months! So much for our splurge!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/28/calorie-pusher-comes-to-town-the-cheesecake-factory-hits-rochester/

^^this has the nutritional values for Cheesecake Factory :)

Last time I ate there I checked this website afterward to see how many calories the piece of cheesecake I ate had (nevermind the meal, lol). It had like 1300 calories in one piece of cheesecake alone.....
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think your plan to split the pizza is good. The Cheesecake Factory is notorious for being a diet killer (it has topped the list of unhealthiest restaurants for a few years running...). The skinnylicious (or however they spell it) is your only relatively safe bet if you don't want to splurge too much, but I am also a believer in letting yourself splurge occasionally. Either way have fun and enjoy!
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a couple different things from the skinnylicious menu. All of them have been really good. The Tuscan Chicken is my favorite. It is chicken breast with a balsamic vinegar glaze/sauce and tons of tomatoes. Super yummy and too much food. I bring part of it home. I've also had the beet and goat cheese salad. It's on the small side but super good too.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I think your plan to split the pizza is good. The Cheesecake Factory is notorious for being a diet killer (it has topped the list of unhealthiest restaurants for a few years running...). The skinnylicious (or however they spell it) is your only relatively safe bet if you don't want to splurge too much, but I am also a believer in letting yourself splurge occasionally. Either way have fun and enjoy!
    Ditto!
  • pmellis_85
    Options
    I love the Cheesecake Factory! The closest one to me is a couple of ours away in Nashville, and it's pretty fantastic. I've tried a couple of different things from their skinnylicious menu and really liked them both. I can't remember the names exactly, but one was a chicken dish...maybe the Tuscan Chicken that Rklane mentioned...and the other was the turkey and avocado sandwich. The chicken was particularly tasty. The sandwich was great too, but the portion was more suitable for lunch. If you're looking for a bit more food, I suggest you go with the chicken. Everything on the menu sounded appetizing so I'm pretty sure I'll be trying something new the next time I go. Hope you guys have a great night out!! :)
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have had the Tuscan chicken and the salmon off of the Skinnylicious menu. Both very good:)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've tried several things from the skinnylicious menu, and everything I had I liked a lot.

My favorite I keep coming back to is the Mexican Tortilla salad. It's HUGE for the calories!

My husband loved the Tuscan chicken too!
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    the cheesecake factory is pretty good, but HORRIBLE on calories. their skinnylicious menu? havent seen or tried it but if its at the cheesecake factory, i still wouldnt count on it being calorie conscious. i read an article from mens magazine, even on of their skinnylicious menu items had a crap ton of calories in it.

just look on therea nd really judge for yourself by what cheeses their usuing nad how they cook their meat on the menu. BUT if you do have a cocktail, i always do, their blackjack martini is TO DIE FOR!!! blackberies, contreau, jack daniels....DELICIOUS!!

#8: Best new food at Cheesecake Factory: SkinnyLicious Petite Grilled Beef Tenderloin
    585 calories
    38 g fat (15 g saturated)
    951 mg sodium

Cheesecake Factory has long been the biggest calorie offender in the restaurant industry, but the chain is now making strides to balance its menu with reasonable food. The new SkinnyLicious menu features more than 40 items with fewer than 590 calories. The chain remains tight-lipped about the nutritional information for the rest of its menu, but at least we finally have a way to minimize the damage.