Hi, I'm new!

Options
A little over two years ago, I lost 47 lbs and then got pregnant. I have gained all the weight back and am just trying to get back into a diet and excercise routine. Since I had my daughter, I have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. All the more reason for me to be more healthy. Last week I joined a gym and my intent is to go 5 days a week. My real problem is food. I love food, especially the food I shouldn't be eating. I would appreciate any advice.

Replies

• sstrladybug1
    Options
    A little over two years ago, I lost 47 lbs and then got pregnant. I have gained all the weight back and am just trying to get back into a diet and excercise routine. Since I had my daughter, I have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. All the more reason for me to be more healthy. Last week I joined a gym and my intent is to go 5 days a week. My real problem is food. I love food, especially the food I shouldn't be eating. I would appreciate any advice.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sort of new here too. The best advice I have so far is just to keep at it...find what works, and keep at it. Some days suck, some days it's easier. But you'll be happy and proud of yourself in the long run! :flowerforyou:
  • ColleenLG
    ColleenLG Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome Toots and Sstrladybug! I love this site and just started back up. I kick myself for slipping away from it, but I am here now! The best advice I could give you, is to track your food before you eat. Whether it is in the morning before you eat anything or plan your meals the day before. Makes it much easier to plan your calorie (meal) intake when you know how many calories you can play with.

Good luck! Enjoy MFP!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: