Too much progress too quickly?

Options
I started back on my diet about 5 days ago (Monday). Monday morning, I weighed myself was was 166 lbs. Today, I've weighed myself, and the scale says 158 lbs. Now, I am quite pleased with these results, but is this normal? I don't want to drop several and then plateau, and I don't want to lose weight easily and gain it back too easily. I think I'm just concerned, because I've never lost over a pound a day starting out on my diet, and I really don't want to do something that will negatively effect the rest of my dieting.

Replies

• Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Common to drop a lot in the first week or 2. Make sure you eat your calories in healthy, unprocessed foods and exercise when you can. It will slow down. Enjoy the loss.
  • emilygracee
    Options
    Thank you! I'm certainly not complaining, I just want to make sure that I'm not doing something that will negatively effect my dieting later on!
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Dont mean to jump onto your thread... Does that include inches? Coz although the scales aint showing much lose, i seem to be losing a lot of inches
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Probably have a 2-3 lbs of water weight, I wouldn't worry but don't be sad when next week is not quite as impressive :)
  • emilygracee
    Options
    I've actually lost a few inches already in my waist. It's showing both on the scale and in the mirror.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    When you first start a diet you'll usually lose a lot of water weight the first week or so. That can include inches if you are bloated. Most people here know it but I guess it's not really common knowledge in the world because so many 'lose it quick' scams portray it as if it's fat loss.
  • emilygracee
    Options
    I think that it definitely has to do with water weight, and maybe the fact that I've cut out soda.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i can relate, i lost 5 lb my first week, then it slowed down to about 1 lb a week... it happens! dont'w orry
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Both time (in Jan and last week) I lost weight fast in the first week. Last week I lost 4.4lbs. Mine is water weight for sure.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    you're dropping water. you won't continue to lose at at that rate
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The beginning is always a great inspiration losing water wieght and it is just from eating better or exercising...Enjoy it and keep up the good attitude. You will do fine!!!