Need exercise tips! :)

Options
Hellooo people! I need help regarding exercise whilst I'm at work. I work 9-5 in a call centre so I'm always. Fair enough I can get out for a walk at dinner and breaks, but is there anything else I could do to burn calories at work?

Thank youu! x

Replies

• richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    fidget alot and generally keep your legs moving under your desk

Sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair

offer to do the tea/coffee rounds for everyone

park the car further away

take the stairs

use the bathroom as far away from you as possible
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    If you use a kettle or microwave or anything that requires waiting around at some point, move around a lot. Do jumping jacks or march on the spot. You don't have to go crazy with it if you're worried about looking silly, just keep on moving!

Do a quick google search for 'desk exercises' and i'm sure you'll find plenty to do there too.

Good luck! xxx
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    ooh yeah that is another one i do, while waiting for the kettle to boil, i do tricep dips and counter top push ups
  • amylouise243
    Options
    ooh never thought of that! thank you :) x
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's not going to burn a ton of calories but I like to move my arms as much as I can. Sitting in the car even, you can shake your arms... Pretend like you are shaking q can of spray paint, play the drums and any other combination of things. Over the months it will add up. I don't count it as calories burned but depending on the moves, I do notice that i am getting a little workout.
  • DeBiKin
    Options
    In case you don't have a car and Wayne ride the bus, see how far it is to the next stop and walk a little further either to or from work. Also, on your walk home, pick up the pace a little bit each day. The more intense the workout the longer your body will burn calories at a higher rate.
  • amylouise243
    Options
    In case you don't have a car and Wayne ride the bus, see how far it is to the next stop and walk a little further either to or from work. Also, on your walk home, pick up the pace a little bit each day. The more intense the workout the longer your body will burn calories at a higher rate.

I live about half an hour away from my work place by car, so I can't walk LOL.. but might start getting dropped off 10 mins away and walk the rest :)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Raise your feet off the floor (about six inches or so) for periods at a time. It really works the abs. Don’t sit in the break room at lunch or break, take a quick walk around the parking lot. Also park your car in the farthest parking spot of the lot & walk those extra steps. It all adds up at the end of the week. Good luck!
  • DeBiKin
    Options

I live about half an hour away from my work place by car, so I can't walk LOL.. but might start getting dropped off 10 mins away and walk the rest :)
    That's funny, but heck, if its a good neighborhood and it works, every little bit helps! I like the others' suggestions too.
    Maybe you can sneak in an occasional square here or there; stand at your desk to do a little work and then pretend like you drop your pencil if you have to so that you have to squat to pick it up.
    Have fun, stretch, flex. :happy: