Scared to death!

Options
I just wanted to say hi. Joining a website like this is not like me at all and I truly hope that don't give up on this like I have everything else in my life.

I need the help and support of everyone I can get. This journey is not going to be an easy one and it scares the hell out of me....

Choose to make today a GREAT day!

Melissa

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Not getting healthy should scare you, not getting healthy! Welcome and good luck.:drinker:
  • ariana_zimcosky
    Options
    Hey there! Don't worry, it'll be a great help for you. Lots of great, supportive people. Take it one day at a time. The blogs are very helpful and you can always find support some where.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Well first of all. Love your name.. You can do this. You have lots of friend here on this web site. That will be here for you. Just start by taking one day at a time...
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The best way to get committed is to become involved in the forums. Youll make friends, and itll give you some accountability
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yep, best way is to get involved. Add friends. Read the success stories. Be accountable.

Open up your diary. Go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing and change it to Public. It helps!!!
  • Fionafive5
    Fionafive5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't cut yourself down... you are awesome! We all stumble and fall at times, it is strength that gets us to pull ourselves up again. You are stronger than you know-- trust me, I have insider info on this. Take it one day at a time and remember it is a journey, not a race. The going up the hill may be tiresome but the view from the top will be worth it!
  • lisa_darlene9
    lisa_darlene9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just joined here yesterday. Starting to put myself on the list and getting healthy doesnt scare me, not putting myself on the list and letting myself go scares me more.There is strength in numbers so lets support each other. :)
  • lisa_darlene9
    lisa_darlene9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just joined here yesterday. Starting to put myself on the list and getting healthy doesnt scare me, not putting myself on the list and letting myself go scares me more.There is strength in numbers so lets support each other. :)
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Totally! Taking charge and taking names isn't scary :)

Feel empowered by your decision and kick *kitten* ;)

Good luck!
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Melissa, you will be fine. Just take it slow to start with. If you burn yourself out too quickly or reduce your calories too much you will leave yourself starving and wrecked and you will just want to quit. Remember baby steps! You can do this! Feel free to add me if you like. :wink:
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well the most scary thing is taking such decision and you have already done that..
    now just focus on your goal and start working on it..
    motivation and courage will come naturally when you see the good changes in your body shape + confidence + life
    All the very best :drinker:
    Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to mfp! Of course I can relate to you feeling scared - maybe scared to fail again, and not get what you really want out of this. But I can say honestly after much experience with yo-yo dieting, this can and will work for you! First, it's admitting to yourself that it's a new beginning, a lifestyle change - not some quick, short-term diet or exercise program. Then it will all fall into place. I agree with another response that it's baby steps, take your time and don't try to lose too quickly either. Eat small meals & snacks throughout the day to keep your metabolism up, log everything. I think it really hit me after 25 yrs of trying to lose weight and never ever reaching my final goal that this is for the long run - no more procrastinating or going backwards. I hope you can find your 'ah ha' moment and go with it. Having mfp friends to motivate you really help - read the sucess stories as well as when they get stuck, as there is a lot of good information on here. I've been on here since May and did hope to reach my goal by now - I'm about 18 lbs shy and am NOT giving up! It's time for me and you should be #1 to you too.... GOOD LUCK!! We're all routing for ya :flowerforyou:
  • janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcome. We all share the same challenges on a daily basis. Some seem to have "figured" it out what works... some of us share that challenge each day. We will support you and help you to reach your goals. Welcome.
  • staceycamp
    staceycamp Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This site is great. I like you have always started to loose weight but eventually give up. But this is so easy, And seeing fast results have really helped me. It gives me something to be accountable to. Good luck and stick with it