mcdonalds smoothies

Options
are mickey D's smoothies healthy or should they be avoided?:ohwell:

Replies

• debcoffman
    Options
    Check McDonald's nutritional information. They should have it listed.. ;)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that they are loaded in sugar. I once read an article about the Tim Horton's real fruit smoothies - no real fruit, just concenrate and a donut had less sugar. Check out their nutrition info on their webpage maybe.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    seriously? LOL
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Look up the nutrition info on their website. There is a lot of sugar in them for sure! I'd guess probably about 300-400 cal in a medium, but I'm not sure.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
    210 calories
    49g carbs, 44g from sugar.

I think it would be best to make your own smoothies from real fruit. That way you know exactly what's in it.
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Personally I say make your own. That way you know exactly what goes into it and it'll probably taste a lot better aswell.
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Most restaurant chains have the nutritional information on their websites...

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf
  • candipkr
    Options
    thanks!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Most restaurant chains have the nutritional information on their websites...

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf

Exactly. Although, I just searched the MFP database. That's what it's there for.
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Personally I say make your own. That way you know exactly what goes into it and it'll probably taste a lot better aswell.

I totally agree. I bought two blenders (one for home, one for work) and I've been making my own smoothies and controlling exactly what goes in them. A lot of prepared products add so many unnecessary ingredients (like sugar), and you find that all you need is some fruit, vegetables, a low calorie liquid (I prefer almond milk) and perhaps some protein powder if you desire that. And it's a lot cheaper to make your own smoothies! :happy:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    high cal loaded with sugar and....i think they taste nasty. check their website
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Avoid Mcdonalds It is horrible. I wouldnt mind if the food tasted good it tastes like crap and everything tastes sweet. I would blitz my own smoothie.

1 banana
    fat free yogurt
    7 strawberries
    hand full of blueberries
    skimmed milk.

Yummy x
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Very few food items are inherently "unhealthy" in the sense that they will do measurable harm to an otherwise sensibly constructed diet when consumed in moderation.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Macdonalds do smoothies? Erm, be right back whilst i go puke in a bucket!
  • candipkr
    Options
    lol!!!!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    If it fits your cals and macros...go for it. I personally would rather make my own for less with added whey protein.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Once in awhile I splurge on a Mango/Pineapple smoothie from Mickey Dee's :) Just get a small! If you want to be a health nut, make your own!