HRM - to get epulse2 or not.... that is the question!

Options
Hi MFPers!!

I have been going back and forth trying to decide on an HRM/calorie counter for the longest time (because it's not just a small investment) I thought about going down the road of getting a BodyBugg or Body Media Fit since they calculate your sleep/sitting calorie burn, but the monthly subscription added fee kind of geared me down a different road. A couple of my MFP friends has suggested the epulse2 which I really like (because it's strapless) the only concern I'm thinking I'll have is wearing it on my forearm (which I'm sure I'll get used to) and choosing which one to get! So, if anyone out there has one I would love your input! Here are some of the links and you'll see from the pictures what I'm talking about... I just want to make sure I'm getting the best most current deal because spending an extra 20 isn't a big deal if it's going to be a better version of the product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YDOO2K?ie=UTF8&tag=gosale-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003YDOO2K&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.uniquefit1.com/products/view/1539

http://www.impactsports.com/main.html

So, I could just be really anal in looking the pictures noticing a different display, but I wasn't sure if it was just a different one. I hope my HRM rambling made some sense! Haha. Thanks for listening and any advice anyone has would be awesome! Happy losing!

Replies

• j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'd be intersted to read what others say about this too. Looks comfy!
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i meant to respond to you sooner - but here's my input!

i bought the epulse2 off amazon back in april, and i use it every single day. i also bought one for my boyfriend. it's incredibly accurate, easy to use, and you honestly don't notice it on your forearm at all! i recently read that it is just as accurate if you wear it lower on your arm or even on your wrist. i have not tested out the wrist yet, but i did wear it about halfway down my arm today (i had on a sweatshirt while i was cleaning and wanted to keep my sleeves down haha) and it was just as accurate! so i think you won't notice the difference at all.

as to the different displays, sadly the amazon picture is what is actually looks like - the others are not the real thing but rather a computer generated picture to show the information that is displayed (rather than the display itself), i checked this out too. impact sports is the manufacturer so the website is really useful for all the accurate information about the product, but of course it's going to be more expensive. the amazon product is the same, but they have a deal right now (i paid more than the $109 that it's being advertised for now - jealous!) haha.

i honestly have no complaints about this HRM at all. it's accurate, easy to use, is recharged easily and quickly, and it comfortable!... but most importantly it's WAY more affordable than the bodybugg or media fit! :)

let me know if you have any other questions! also, feel free to ask nikki about it - she just got one and started using it last week i think, so she can tell you about how she feels about it as a new user :)
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just an update for anyone who was reading.... I ordered it and I'm so excited! :)
  • cngeier
    Options
    I love my epulse 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kentwinr
    Options
    I have an ePulse2 and find the heart rate to be quite accurate but the CALORIES to be WAAAAY off. Like double to triple the number???
  • belleunos
    Options
    I use a Polar. I like the fact that it syncs with cardio machines at the gym. Generally it is pretty accurate but it does require the chest strap. I don't as a general rule give myself extra burn discounts outside of my cardio time because then I would be tempted to eat extra calories. The display is good, it tracks your overall burn week over week and the newer models sync with iphones.