desparately seeking help!!!

Options
:happy: I am excited to be here. I am a 60 yrs young grandma in need of getting healthy. I have been on a roller coaster most of my life. I just found I am pre-diabetic, with a number of health issues. Hoping to get support, feedback and encouragement to overcome my wieght issue. Welcome all input!!!

Replies

• Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    add me!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    add me :) I can be quite mean if necessary but I'll make sure you stay on track!!

xx
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • lauraorrn61
    Options
    Hi, I am Laura. I am 50 and a grandma. I am trying to stop the yo yo dieting I have done in the past. Add me if you like.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just sent you a friend request. Let's get this journey going.
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    Good Morning, I am Tina, 50 on the 13th this month and a grandma. I am a diabetic, taking 4 shots a day. Want to get off of insulin hopefully it is not too late for me.

Feel free to add me;-))
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in. I may not post daily but I will post as regular as possible. I am 62yr young, will be 63 December 28th, a 22 month widow and have fought the battle of the bulge since I was a child. I lost 45.6# on Weight Watchers between June 2008 (183.8#) & June 2009 (138.2#) and made Lifetime but managed to let 25# creep back on after my DH passed away in January 2010. I got serious with myself again in May 2011 have now slowly lost 5# of that.

I am striving for the 142 - 145# mark and I will make it. My original goal was 135# - 140# just so I could say I actually weighed in the 130’s once in my life after age 10 but I am extremely happy with me at 142# - 145#. I am taking a break from counting PPs with WW and I am now counting calories to get a different perspective on my weight loss but I always keep what I learned with WW in the forefront of my thinking. It is a very important part of my life and I post daily on two threads that I have posted on for 3 years now.

We can do this together with self determination and community support of each other. Let’s post our fears and complaints with our selves, not self-bashing, and also post our positive accomplishments. One day at a time for a life time.

TOGETHER WE CAN AND TOGETHER WE WILL
    (that is not meant as screaming but emphasizing that we are able to take over our own destiny)
    ♥▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬♥▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬♥
  • marylynn46
    marylynn46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am a 64 year old grandma with diabetes on insulin twice a day and have other health problems. Add me as a friend if you want and I will support you on your journey. It is more difficult to lose weight as you get older especially if you can't do a lot of exercise, but we can do this especially with all the wonderful people on MFP
  • alshearer
    alshearer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a 58 yr. old grandmother and know how you feel. Please feel free to add me and we can do this together!!
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 64 soon to be 65 next month. I started using the gym when I was about 54 and loved it. It made me feel better about myself and of course fitter. Had a heart attack when I was 40 so needed to be fit.
    About November last year I decided to really do something about my weight and it took about 4 months but managed to loose 2and half stone. I have managed to keep it off as well. Mind you I go to the gym at least 5 or 6 times a week and work hard whilst I'm there. If I can do it anyone can.

Welcome and please feel free to add me as a friend to give you encouragement and support.
  • Bungee_tyme
    Options
    You've come to the right place. Congratulations on taking the first step. There are many roads to health. But, the first thing you need to do is find out just what you are eating. Some people are very surprised when they start to log thier intake. Good luck!
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am a 55 year old 'new' Grandma. My Granddaughter was born in September. This is a great place for support.
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a 53 yr old grandmother, I try to post daily but sometimes I get very busy. I will help and welcome all to friend me, we are all in this together, so if you want add me and I we can help one another.
    Katherine