Have you inspired others to join?

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FoxCarter/view/i-want-to-spread-the-health-170628

I guess now it's finally hitting me that since I have referred a few people to this site, how important it is for me to stay on track. It would look really bad if I didn't follow through with my weight loss goals, but still encouraged others.

A lot of credit goes to the MFP community for always being available for support. I think the community is really key to the success of this website and for the success of its members!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I got 3 others to join me, but they all dropped out. Oh well, I tried.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have gotten about 7 people to sign up and only 1 has dropped out. It feels good to know that my success has motivated others :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've had a few join with my encouragement, sadly the vast majority of them have fallen off.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I've gotten 1 to join who in turn got 2 others to join. All 3 are hit and miss with logging though...then they ask me what I did and I tell them daily logging on MFP...the next day I see "so and so has not logged in for 3 days." Oh well...
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Does it make you push harder when you know that there are some people on your friend list that you personally know?
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Does them 'falling off the wagon' discourage you or encourage you?
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yup...2 people from my college course, my gf, an engineer at work is looking and wants to sign up too. Makes me happy!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yep, two! :D
  • dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I got one person to join. She's still here and kicking butt! It's awesome motivation.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have inspired quite a few people to join and also to join my Beachbody team :)
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Haven't inspired anyone to join MFP, but now my overweight father works out every other day and is aware of what he's eating and limits junk carbs, my mom works out very often now as well and my brother has recently started working out. I like to think it's because I've educated them in the health dept. :smile:
  • Goomph
    Goomph Posts: 13
    Options
    I got my son to join ! He is of course much younger then me but put on a lot of weight during his university years and couldn't get rid of them. I hope this site will help him ! I think he actually weights more then me now (I lost some weight hehehe) but he is also a few inches taller ! BRAT !!! :)