Wanna guess how much weight I have to lose?

Options
12128366_9221.jpg
12128366_5577.jpg

Okay, just went out on a limb to take a picture today, after 9 lbs down... I've never quite looked like the goal, so I'm not sure how much more weight I need to lose - anyone want to take a stab at what it would take to get there?

My goal is 125 (7 more lbs), though that's just a wild guess - it'd be motivating to have a more concrete idea of the goal. :D Thanks guys! :D

Edit: I'm 5'4". Looks like Jillian is 5'2.5, 117 lbs.

Replies

• VickiZei
    VickiZei Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you've ever seen J. Michaels next to a normal sized person like a talk show host, she's very very tiny.
    Not just slim but pretty short and small boned. I'd be surprised if she weighs any more than about
  • theLadidah
    Options
    You don't look like you have a lot to do! Just make sure you do loads of exercise to really tone up - that'll give you a similar body shape but you may not reach the same weight as your muscle may make you slightly heavier than you expect.

I really don't think you've got far though! Just do loads of exercises and lots of crunches before bed and in the morning :)

Good luck :)
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think that particular goal has more to do with gaining muscle than strictly losing weight. Also like VickiZei said Jillian is a very petite person and I think I heard her say on her podcast she's around 110-115 and that includes a lot of muscle.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'd say she is around 110-115 . :) She seems incredibly tiny but ripped.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    have you ever measured your body fat percentage? i think that you look like you are at a good weight, and maybe should concentrate on lowering your BF % and building muscle.

try taking a look at this: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

but you look great!!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I would say probably only 10, maybe 15 pounds, but then most of it is muscle...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'd also guess 10lbs but that depends on what your thighs look like. Mine hold ALL my fat.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I reckon you weigh about a kilo more than the lady in the red top. I reckon you are about the same lean body mass.

I reckon you both look good.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    btw, i feel like i should point out that jillian micheals is a fitness celebrity who's whole brand revolves on her looking fit all the time. she probably devotes 10 times as much on diet and exercise then any of us possibly can.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Well you're in great shape, so I would suggest using the mirror moreso than scale weight from here on out :)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    btw, i feel like i should point out that jillian micheals is a fitness celebrity who's whole brand revolves on her looking fit all the time. she probably devotes 10 times as much on diet and exercise then any of us possibly can.

She probably has a personal chef or staff on hand that take care of her diet for her.
    Any volunteers to be my personal chef?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'll pick up an extra McRib for you, bro. Or do you want two today?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

She probably has a personal chef or staff on hand that take care of her diet for her.

What is the salary?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Maybe another 10-15 pounds? Goal like 120? That's my opinion anyway!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    keep in mind that in fitness photos and many other photos, the people posing in the pictures often purposely dehydrate themselves to have more muscle definition or do some extra muscle toning to have their muscles look more defined!

That being said, I don't think you have much further to go! I'd get BF% tested. I think I read somewhere that Jillian is 14%BF. Very lean for a woman!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    its-a-trap.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    its-a-trap.jpg
    Not unlike...

spng-chart-memes-butt-big.jpg
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Haha. Thanks guys. :D A personal chef would be fantastic, I'll be taking applications as well. Bonus points if you're skilled in raw vegan and ethnic cuisines. :D

The nerdfitness link is really helpful! Hmm.. I don't wanna be crazy muscular, but in-shape thin (not just skinny), wanna see my abs.. surely people can sustain that with regular-people exercise, and mostly-clean diets...?

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions! :D
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I think it is ALL camera angles. Jillian did it "right" in her photo by having the camera ABOVE her head, so she is looking UP into it - reduces any wrinkles around her jaw-line and makes everything look its best (ask a photographer).

My friend, you did the opposite...you had the camera BELOW your head and you are looking DOWN into it. Try re-positioning the camera so that your picture (pose) will look like Jillian's - and, I bet, you come off looking VERY SIMILAR to her shape.

PS - I think you look great - congrats on a well-maintained body!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Also, when posing, make sure your arms are bent with your hands resting near your hips, but while trying to sort-of touch your shoulder-blades at the same time. Makes those arm muscles stand out JUST LIKE JILLIANS!