First time trying online fitness anything.

Options
Hello everyone! OKAY - so I was randomly searching for calorie calculators (Ahhhh the joy of calorie counting) and found this website. Although I am in an "alright" weight I think I could drop 10-15 more pounds, BUT does anyone feel like these are the HARDEST ONES TO LOOOOOOOOOOSE???!!! :) I guess my biggest problem is to stay motivated. I have been dropping and gaining the same 10 punds for quite a long time, I just want to tell 'em pounds ** BE GONE!!!! So here I am, looking forward staying motivated, meeting some nice people, sharing good stories (and even tears of frustration!!!)

Replies

• tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is fantastic. I've been here a while, trying to maintain weight and stay healthy, wouldn't mind losing 3 lbs though at this point. This site has great message boards, lots of support, and so many foods in the database.

Good luck!

P.S. I think there are a few groups on the boards about those trying to lose small amounts of weight and the specific struggles with that :)
  • Shugz68
    Shugz68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Mochalovies, I'm a newbie to this online fitness thing too. It's not as bad as i thought it would be but I'm only 5 days into it. I have 30lbs to lose, for good! Stay positive:smile:
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to the site. Its excellent. Not too much to lose myself but what a difference it will make when I do. Feel free to add me for support.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thx for the replies -- what is everyone trying? I am just doing 45 mins cardio 3-5 times a wk, trying to keep calories around 1200 per day (sounds low but its a healthy number for me) So nothing too complicated -- I eat pretty much everything, I just calorie count. I guess at some point I will have to do the cutting sugar/ processed carbs etc etc... *pout*
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My main "thing" is drinking water. I saw the most difference when I bought myself a 1L camelback bottle (with the bite straw) and drank 3-4 of these at least per day.

You'll find that you feel more satisfied and can eat more on 1200 cals when you cut the processed foods.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    omg I know... totally just started doing the drink till you die H2O routine, and I second that - such a difference!!
  • NKINLAW2011
    Options
    I just joined also, a couple of weeks ago. I enjoy working out....mainly running with some weight training . I would LOVE to lose about 5 more pounds...stubborn belly fat from 2 c-sections (pout). O well, I'm here-let's chat!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    This is a great community! Everyone is really helpful! If you have any questions feel free to message me or add me as a friend.
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome the people here have helped me get over some of the hardships that I have found along my way. Best of luck to you!:smile: