Freakin Rockstar!!

Options
I'm on cloud 9 today and wanted to share....last night I completed my final day of C25k!! I cant believe I did the whole program! I went and signed up for my first official race which will be on December 3rd.

35:15 to run 3.09 miles. Thats the distance of the trail I was on. I've got two weeks to improve my time to finish the full 5k. My goal is to do it in under 40 minutes. As my first race, I think that's a pretty reasonable time.

Meeting this goal really opened my eyes. I blogged about it if you feel like stopping by:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lejess/view/today-i-am-a-rockstar-170647

:happy:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I wish I could be a runner, but my knees and my shins simply can't take it.
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Congratulations! So exciting. I'm training for my first mini triathlon, and I'm so excited to be where you're at right now. Sending a friend request now!
  • SHAK4Z
    Options
    I am running my first 5K on Sunday - not sure i am fully trained but i am going to go for it anyways. A lot of my determination to complete this is because the 5K is to raise money for tornado victims of the Joplin. MO tornado this summer. The course traces the path of the tornado. This is 30 minutes from my hometown and I have been trying to get back into shape for a couple of months now. Am i 5K ready ? No but i will give it all i can!

sorry i hijacked your thread
  • Calvinator24
    Calvinator24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job! C25K was what got me moving last year.
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing! Have a blast with your race.
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    great job, you are a rockstar!! good luck on the race.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're blog definitely inspires me. I am going to try to be a runner starting in the spring. Several MFP pals suggested C25K so I think I'll try it.
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I love that I finally got to post about an accomplishment! YAY! Thanks soo soo much for the support!
    I am running my first 5K on Sunday - not sure i am fully trained but i am going to go for it anyways. A lot of my determination to complete this is because the 5K is to raise money for tornado victims of the Joplin. MO tornado this summer. The course traces the path of the tornado. This is 30 minutes from my hometown and I have been trying to get back into shape for a couple of months now. Am i 5K ready ? No but i will give it all i can!

sorry i hijacked your thread
    Who cares if you arent 5k ready, what an AWESOME cause!! Good for you!! Rock it out!!
  • amandarae1980
    amandarae1980 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great! I kinda sorta describe myself as a "runner" now thanks to C25K. It's amazing how well it works. Good luck in the race!!
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your race.....you will rock it!!!
    I just signed up for my first 5k for Thanksgiving day. That day is my w9d2 of c25k. I LOVE the program. Can not believe I can run that long. I was never a runner. Still not sure how I feel about calling myself a "runner" after I graduate as it still isn't my favorite thing in the world.....but then again.....I'll be able to run 30 minutes straight......that should qualify for runner status I guess!! :-)
    Well congrats on graduating and enjoy your 5K.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!