Wii Fit and Fit in Six

Options
hey guys...
I am giving my son a Wii for Christmas this year and I was wondering if anyone in here has used the Wii as part of thier workouts. I have a "Fit in Six" program. Any of you used that? Any other fun games that get you moving that you can recommend? Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Wii has MANY options for workouts. I love the Zumba games (have both) and Dance Dance Revolution, which makes you think you're having fun, but you're working out, too. I don't use the Wii Fit games as much because there's too much pausing in between games and you lose your HR and it feels like you've been working forever but you really haven't.
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I really like Zumba for the Wii and I am getting Just Dance 3 for Christmas! It's a fun way to get cardio workouts in!
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I love the Gold's Gym Cardio!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    i know my kids like the just dance ?
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I really like Zumba for the Wii and I am getting Just Dance 3 for Christmas! It's a fun way to get cardio workouts in!
    [/quote

i have to agree zumba and just dance all of them i love great fun and burning calories too
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have. I love it. It's fun and I lost my first 31 pounds by playing on it. The games are fun, the work outs are fun. Just don't let your son jump on the board or stomp on it. I've had mine for 3 years, my cousin did that and it has a crack after his use. He was 187 pounds. I started out at 304 pounds, and never cracked it in 3 years. So it will help out so much. I'm waiting to get mine fixed so I can alternate fun games that burn calories, and EA Active 2 which burns a lot more. Make the extra splurge and get Wii Fit Plus, cause it has more activities to do with the board and counts all calories burned.
  • chrisdunford7
    chrisdunford7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loved Wii Fit but I wouldnt recommend it as your only workout method. It's great for stretching (yoga) and the games on it are pretty fun.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit for tracking and for some of the exercises. I also have Just Dance 3, love it! The Zumba 1 and 2 are on my christmas list as well as Gold's Gym Dance.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    By over weight son (13 years old) Loves the biggest loser. We also watch the show so I think that may have something to do it but he plays/ exercises for about 1-12/2 hours at a time and is always looking to improve his workout.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Zumba, and Biggest Loser - and I LOVE them!!!
  • raelynne629
    raelynne629 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active!
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love, love LOVE "Just Dance 3!" It's super fun and a GREAT cardio workout, I played it the other day for about 50 mins, (I didn't consider a workout because it's so fun) But i burned 570 calories. I think it's a great game, I also have Wii Fit Plus but like they said previously, I wouldn't use it as your only workout cause u stop too much and it doesn't really keep your heart rate up, some of the games on it are fun tho =)
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    Thanks for the advice about the Wii Fit. I was wondering if it would be worth the big price tag and perhaps not if there is a lot of stopping and ur heart rate goes down. I might invest in a dancing game though.