It's a downhill ride from here

Options
Well, except for the holidays, maybe. I fianlly made it to the magical halfway point--after being stuck on the Grand Mesa plateau for the whole summer. Four months with no weight loss--ugh! But on the bright side, no gain either.

I promised myself a new hairstyle when I hit the halfway point so I'm off to the salon today. What do you do to recognize major milestones?

Replies

• lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I hit my 1/2way this morning ( well 0.2 off, but is 1/2 way to me)

I am celebrating with a extra workout tonight & then a nice glass of wine with my hubby to be.
  • HouseHoldSix
    Options
    A trip to the hair salon is a nice way to celebrate! Have a fabulous time. I bet you'll look great. Way to go!

I used to just wear baggy clothes while I was dropping weight. My thinking was - I'll look good when I get there. And then, thanks to my amazing sister, I changed my thinking. Why not looked good where you ARE!? So, when I drop enough and the pants are a saggin - I wash them and take them to the Airman's Attic second hand store and donate them. Then, I buy myself a nice pair of pants or shirt. And some new makeup!
  • kantone999
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! Well done!
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    Congrats on hitting the halfway mark! I have not hit any major milestones, and I never really thought about what I will do when I manage to make it to big point like half way or even quarter ways. I know when I reach the point I want to be, it will be a brand new wardrobe of nice clothes, not just a pair or two of jeans and some t-shirts.
  • kantone999
    Options
    Thanks! I love the support you get on this site...it really helps!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I hit the halfway mark last Friday...then yesterday I saw 37lbs gone..33 to go. So..im starting down the hill :) Yay! and congrats!
  • kantone999
    Options
    Good for you! Good luck with your plan!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!