Newbie - want to make sure I am doing this correctly to achi

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been using this site and app for about 22 days.
I have lost 8 lbs so far.
I follow what the site says for my calorie intake based on all the factors.
People keep telling me I should watch my carbs and sugar, well I do watch this because myfitnesspal keeps track of these. I usually go over my daily sugar allowance due to the fruits I eat.
I have probably gone over my daily carb allowance five times.
I just want to make sure I am doing this weight loss thing correctly as I want to lose 40 lbs.
I follow this app and what it allows me, I enter everything I eat, when I cook at home I even add the oils or whatever I cook it with.
I am eating a lot less beef, maybe once a month, and more chicken.
Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated!

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    It sounds like you are right on track! You want to have healthy sugars instead of processed sugars so fruit is great! Make sure you get lots of veggies too! They are super low in calories and keep you full longer. Half of your diet should be vegetables. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have been using this site and app for about 22 days.
    I have lost 8 lbs so far.

Well then you must be doing it right. If you stop losing, reevaluate your diet.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are right on track! You want to have healthy sugars instead of processed sugars so fruit is great! Make sure you get lots of veggies too! They are super low in calories and keep you full longer. Half of your diet should be vegetables. :)

Actually Protein and Fat takes priority then carbs...so no half of your diet should not be just vegetables.
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sure sounds like you're doing it right to me. Helps me to have a bunch of folks to hold me accountable.
  • Lokisul
    Options

So if you were in the red on sugar by 20 for example, would that be ok providing it was all from fruit??
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 3 weeks= doing something right!!!!!