staying within the recommended protein, fat, and carb

Options
I am following the recommended calorie intake but sometimes my protein is way up or my fat way down.....does this matter as long as I am sticking to the calorie range? Thanks:happy:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    protein is set low on MFP, you can change the % by going to goals> change goals > custom>save changes
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over on protein or fat. Or even carbs. As long as you hit your calorie counts.
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that myself. I rather be over in protein than carbs and never seem to come close to all the fat they recommend. Will have to go tweak my goals. Thanks erickirb

12680746.png
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i set my fat low anyway. i try not to go past 25 per day. i dont see it as a problem if you're over/under
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm reading that low fat isn't going to benefit you. Actually higher fat might actually help health. As long as your calorie and nutritional goals are met.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    i set my fat low anyway. i try not to go past 25 per day. i dont see it as a problem if you're over/under

Just make sure your fat is at least 20% of total calories. Fat is essential for many things in your body. Fat does not make you fat, excess calories do.
  • jeanwoodhouse
    Options
    Do not believe all the nutrition figures on the myfitnesspal site . Some of the figures are supplied by other users and amounts of protein, calcium etc are incorrect or missing. According to one entry I searched for, my 2 prawn sandwiches contained no protein, but the pack said 20.5g. Similarly, my steak acquired double calories, fats and protein from one website entry to another. Sample a few different entries for your food item, and good luck.