Non-banana smoothies

Options
I am looking for any and all recipes for smoothies that do not contain bananas. I do not like bananas at all, not even a little bit. It seems that all smoothie recipes that I find contain bananas. I like the idea of having a smoothie for breakfast, but it needs to be yummy for me.

Replies

• mhuntley79
    Options
    I am looking for any and all recipes for smoothies that do not contain bananas. I do not like bananas at all, not even a little bit. It seems that all smoothie recipes that I find contain bananas. I like the idea of having a smoothie for breakfast, but it needs to be yummy for me.
  • brokenana
    Options
    try substituting any recipe that includes bananas with mango. it'll thicken a smoothie just like a banana would....as long as you like mango that is
  • mRina66
    mRina66 Posts: 38
    Options
    i used to replace a smoothie for my breakfast. This is the ingridients i would use

Plain Fage None fat yogurt
    strawberries/frozen berries
    whey protein (optional)
    honey or natural peanut butter

There is so many ingridients you can use! Don't be scared to put random stuff together you never know it might taste amazing!:smile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    i used to replace a smoothie for my breakfast. This is the ingridients i would use

whey protein (optional)

There is so many ingridients you can use! Don't be scared to put random stuff together you never know it might taste amazing!:smile:

Im allergic to banana's so i have to find many things that don't have it in there!!! add blueberries, strawberries.. My favorite is pineapple, orange, plain yogurt , flax seeds, and a splash of diet cranberry juice... blend and enjoy!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I love it basic, and thin in consistency, so I typically do:

- skim milk
    - chocoalte protein powder
    - frozen raspberries

or non-dairy...

- orange juice
    - brown rice protein powder
    - frozen strawberries

:flowerforyou:
  • leila
    leila Posts: 15
    Options
    No need for a recipe - just omit the bananas!

Here's an example of what i have in a shake for breakfast:

1 x apple
    1 x apricot
    1 x nectarine
    2 x eggs
    small handful of almonds
    small handful pumpkin seeds
    1/2 milk 1/2 water
    frozen mixed berries

blender....voila!

basically, as long as you put frozen berries in, any combination of fruit tastes really nice.

easy to keep in the zone, 99% paleo!

Thanks to the guys from Crossfit Victoria for this one!
  • mRina66
    Options
    Take out the yogurt ,add some vodka and we can have a party:drinker: :tongue: :wink: lol
  • mhuntley79
    Options
    Chocolate is my friend!!!! This just might work
  • mRina66
    Options

whey protein (optional)

Im allergic to banana's so i have to find many things that don't have it in there!!! add blueberries, strawberries.. My favorite is pineapple, orange, plain yogurt , flax seeds, and a splash of diet cranberry juice... blend and enjoy!!!

I was trying to quote your recipe:blushing:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Orange Smoothie (with or without banana)

1 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
    1/3 cup calcium enriched orange juice
    2 cups frozen berries (strawberries are best tasting)
    1 banana (if you choose)

Makes about 4 servings (or 2 really tall servings)

You could probably add whey protein in substitue of the banana to thicken it up a little.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1/2 punnet of strawberries, one starfruit and one apple with just enough water to make drinking consistency.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the mangoes, too. Whether they're fresh (which I think are in season now) or Haagen Daas Fat Free Mango Sorbet (I couldn't find fresh mangoes in the fall), it's great with fresh strawberries and raspberries. I only add ice and water, but I may try to add Fage yogurt. I love experimenting with food!

126046.png