Low Cal Quiche recipies

Options
mommy2squish
mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
Does anyone have any yummy low cal quiche recipes. Looking to make it tonight!

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just tend to use thin pastry, add plenty of veg and little cheese. Usually peppers, mushroom, toms, 3 eggs and a little milk, with sprinkle of cheese on the top. My OH not too keen though so on his half I add bacon too. xxx
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/crustless-spinach-quiche/detail.aspx

this is a good base for a crustless quiche.......switch stuff up and it can be a real low cal quiche!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites:
    Mexican Quiche
    1/2 c flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    10 eggs
    2 c cottage cheese
    7 oz can chopped green chiles
    16 oz shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (I use 8 oz of any variety)
    1/2 c butter (I use 1/4 c)
    10 drops tabasco (I use very little)

Beat eggs until frothy. Add all other ingredients and stir to mix well. Pour into greased 9"x13" pan. Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, then decrease oven to 350 F and continue baking for 25-35 minutes. Makes 8-12 servings.

By cutting the cheese and butter back to half like I do, and using reduced fat cottage cheese and cheese, if you cut it into 12 servings it comes in at 199 calories. It also microwaves and freezes well if you have leftovers. I sometimes leave out the chiles and add bacon bits, ham, veggies, or leftover chopped steak for variety. Watch it towards the end to make sure that you don't overbake. I imagine that if you adjusted the cooking time you could make a half recipe. Enjoy!
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    I do a kind of mini quiche that is so simple it's ridiculous.

Spray 8 muffin tins with Pam, fill each with 1/2 tablespoon of real bacon bits and a spoonful of pico de gallo, then fill each tin with Egg Beaters egg whites (one small carton fills all 8 tins perfectly). Bake on 350 for about 30 minutes. 125 calories for 2 muffins. You could add anything you want to suit your taste. I might try spinach and cheese next time. My boyfriend loves these.
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have used sheet pastry, 4 or 5 will do to make a thin crust and egg substitute rather than eggs. It has been awhile, but I think I used swiss cheese. I fried 2 slices of canadian bacon and chopped into small pieces before stirring into the egg and cheese mixture. I added broccoli to mine.
  • traceizbiz
    Options
    crustless quiche..my fav

Fresh Produce - Brown Onion, 1 medium
    Home Brand (Nz) - Trim Milk, 125 ml
    Raw - Whole Egg, 3 medium
    Watties - Cream Style Corn, 440 g can
    Valumetric - Edam Cheese, 125 g
    Mainland - Parmesan Cheese, 62.5 g
    Fresh Raw - Tomato Large, 3 " tomato
    Home Brand - Self Raising Flour, 75 g 1/4 cup
    Spinach - Raw, 2 cup
    Generic - Corgette, 200 g - 2 or 3 grated

dice and sautee the onion add grated courgette and cook for two mins, then add spinach until wilted. Mix all other ingredients, except tomato, in a bowl, add the onion, courgette & spinach. Mix and put into a dish, slice tomato and arrange on top. Bake in oven at 220 degrees celscius for 1/2 hour or until set.

6 serves
    around...288 cals..YUM
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I use mountain bread as my pastry for quiches - just cut the bread to size the wet it to line your dish. I cook them as mini ones in a muffin dish or a bigger oven proof dish for a meal quiche.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Good Idea!