Shoe Size???

Options
Anyone have a change in shoe size after losing? My shoe size had changed between a 1/2 and a full size over the years. I had attributed it to having kids, but I tried on some shoes and my size was consistently back to the size it was 20 years ago. Strange.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why is it strange? Why would that be the one part of your body where you don't gain or lose?
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    Yes, my shoe size has decreased a half size!
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost a full shoe size too. :)
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have gone down 1/2 size as well and now I don't have to buy wide width shoes anymore! Yeah!!!
  • Visser1971
    Options
    Wow - I never thunk it! I will save those shoes then - I had chalked it up to pregnancy too!!
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    Why is it strange? Why would that be the one part of your body where you don't gain or lose?

I guess I alway considered my foot length like my height . . . unchanged by my weight gain.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Not unusual at all. If there is less weight to support feet don't have to spread out as much.

I went down a size too. In my size that's often the difference between shoes being availible....or not. 17 to 16.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My whole adult life I have been somewhere between a 9 and a 10 depending on the shoe... It would be hard to know for sure, except that ONE pair of heels that I own seems to be kind of floaty on my feet these days. I'd like to think that my feet are getting smaller tho! :)
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I doubt that my big ol' 12s will ever get any smaller. They were this big 60 lbs ago in high school too.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I was a size 7 and after my first baby I went up to a size 8. After my second I went up to a size 9. After my third I went up to a 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe. Now after losing 38lbs my 9.5's are too big on me. So I think I need 9's. I would love to go down to 8's though!
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My feet are definitely smaller. I had to get new shoes because my old ones were falling off. I'm pretty sure half my weight came out of my feet. :)
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My feet are definitely smaller. I had to get new shoes because my old ones were falling off. I'm pretty sure half my weight came out of my feet. :)
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hope. No, I pray, that I will lose weight in my feet. I wear wide width shoes now. I didn't think it possible before reading this, but I hope I see a difference in my feet like I've seen elsewhere (like in my rack).
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had to change out my shoes twice -- went from a 12W(W) to a 12M and am now an 11M.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's true! Like other posters said, not only do you lose weight everywhere, including your feet, but as you shed the extra pounds there is less pressure on your feet causing them to splay out. Plus, I bet if you are exercising more, going for walks, dancing, etc, the muscles in your feet are getting stronger too! Buffed feet! hahaha :happy:
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Buffed feet LOL I love it!

I'm only about 45% along my journey and all of my shoes are too big for me now. I wonder if I should wait until I get to goal to see what size I end up being before investing in good shoes?
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 13 in womens...they aren't getting any smaller and the only way I can find cute shoes is from stores that specialize in drag queen wear...
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I didn't notice it at first. I'd picked up a pair of Hello Kitty house shoes in my normal size (10) and now they slip off my feet. I've resorted to stuffing them with old rags just for a tighter fit. Still, I wasn't completely convinced until I tried on a pair of low cut boots Thursday. They were loose on my feet, and I believe they are also a size 10. It saddens me really. .__. I finally get the chance to wear the stupid shoes and they don't even fit me properly!
  • GMG155
    Options
    When I lose weight my feet shrink....starting losing prior to joining MFP about 25 lbs. When heavier I wear between a 9 -10 depending on the shoe and its width..I have narrow feet. Now Im buying 8 - 81/2 shoes which is nice..but all my pretty shoes that I can only look at.. LOL
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Wow, I though I am just imagining the whole shoe shrinkage things, but I guess it is not uncommon to go down a half size or so. I love shoes and I have an expensive taste in shoes, I guess I should stop buying them for a while before I figure out where it is going to stop
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!