thighs...

Options
any idea to get rid of my thunder thighs LOL. but seriously i hate how they rub together. not very attractive. anyway to make em smaller???

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    any idea to get rid of my thunder thighs LOL. but seriously i hate how they rub together. not very attractive. anyway to make em smaller???
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also have this issue. I keep track of my measurements and since I have started running (run/walk combo) they have been getting smaller. I know it's going to take time, but I'm trying to stick with it. Good luck!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    is running okay though?? cause someone said that they might get bigger.....
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Running plus strength training- squats, lunges.:happy: The COMBINATION of the 2 have made a MAJOR difference in my legs!:bigsmile: :heart: :drinker: For me, walking definitely wasn't enough to give me the lean legs I wanted, and although running put me on the right track, it wasn't until I started P90X that I can really see the changes. And so do others!!!:drinker:

Good luck!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    AHHHH. I hate lunges. but i guess gotta do what you gotta do huh

thanks guys :)
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Glad someone posted this I have been wondering the same thing.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, sumo squats, lunges, squats, wall sits, squats, oh, and did I mention squats? Leg work is what you have to do, but you need to do cardio, as well, and have good nutrition. You CANNOT spot reduce fat, and, unfortunately, it comes off in the hardest places last. Your legs WILL NOT get bigger with running, they will get more solid, more defined and stronger. Unless you have lots of extra testosterone running through your body, strength training will not make you bulky. Muscle burns fat, so start building muscle all over and you will see results...all over!
  • mlstephens84
    Options
    try stairs!!! My thunder thighs have gotten so much smaller doing stairs.

In the parking garage where I work go as fast as i can up 8 flights of stairs in a parking garage and then speed walk down the ramps. It's like circuit training because at the top of the garage I will do 15 squats and 15 modified push ups using the wall. I go for 3 rounds and it usually takes about 30 mins. It's like a full body workout!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I really noticed my thighs slim when last semester when I started spinning regularly. I don't have time to go to any classes this semester :mad: but it really made a difference and its fun