Supplements

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried any natural supplements to aid in their weight loss? I have heard CLA, green tea, and Chromium Picolinate help speed metabolism. Has anyone tried this or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has tried any natural supplements to aid in their weight loss? I have heard CLA, green tea, and Chromium Picolinate help speed metabolism. Has anyone tried this or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I do the green tea and the chromium...

I start the green tea in the morning, and drink it all day until about 2:00 p.m (I throw in a bag of peppermint as I think it enhances the "grassy" taste of the green tea). It is a natural metabolism booster, and a great antioxidant. Just beware of the caffeine (I can't drink it any later than early afternoon if I want to sleep at night).

The chromium is also really helpful. My naturopathic doctor (also trained as a homeopath and Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor) recommeneded that to help stablize my blood sugar and reduce sugar/food cravings. IT IS AMAZING! I take 200 mcg three times daily and I never get the urge to reach for cookies, chocolate, etc anymore.

Good luck with it!
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Options
    Don't know about the Chromium beyond antecdotal reports but to date, I haven't run across any solid evidence that green tea (Wu-Long is the latest craze) contributes to any meaningful change in metabolism. or contributes to weight loss.

Having said that, I love the stuff! I drink at least two cups/day of Wu-Long and I doubt very much if it's making any meaningful difference but I don't really care. It's proven to have some antioxidant properties, it's a mild stimulant when coffee would be too much and it tastes great.

Personally, I'm placing all my eggs in the "exercise every day and don't eat crap" basket. I know that works from experience and there's plenty of evidence to support it.

If anyone can point to an actual peer reviewed, bona fide study on green tea and weight loss, though, I'd be all ears.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    I did try it(i have to go back again..)
    SPIRULINA(nature's green superfood)
    Nature's richest and most complete source of total organic nutrition. This green superfood containing over 100 synergistic nutrients comes from a microscopic fresh-water plant, organically grown without chemicals and concentrated by removing nothing but the water. Spirulina is wide used throughout the world as a food supplement for maintaining health, energy and optimum weight.

(Spirulina assists weight control by curbing the appetite naturally while still supplying a full range of nutrients needed for a balanced diet)
    BEST TAKEN: at or after meals with 1 cup of water. TO CURB APPETITE FOR NATURAL WEIGHT CONTROL, CONSUME 30-45 MINUTES BEFORE MEALS.
    (in capsules)
    Good luck:wink:
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate the info and will give the tea and chromium a try.