Am I exercising too much?

Options
Hello all,
I sit a lot during the day between school, work, driving, etc. My exercise settings are on 3 days a week 30min a day. Lately I have had excess energy so I have been utilizing that rush in the gym. BUT.... I think I am screwing up my weight-loss goals. According to my diary I have been hitting the gym everyday since the 07Nov. I have enjoyed a 3.4 loss this week, however, I am worried about accidently forcing myself into a plateau earlier than I should. Since I have the extra energy and I am enjoying going to the gym should I up my calories or should I try to focus my engery elsewhere and drop my extra workouts. Also, I need to mention that I no longer sweat when I do my 30 minute treadmill walk even on incline 2 so I know the plateau is already beginning. What should I do to continue to lose weight?

Replies

• elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The plateau is not already beginning, your body is just getting used to the exercise. You should change your routine to continue challenging yourself. Up the incline to 15, walk for 2 minutes, drop it down to 0 and jog at a fast pace for 2 minutes, walk for 1 minute at 0 incline to recover. Do several of these 5 minute intervals and you'll be sweating!

If you have the energy, by all means, workout! Just be sure you schedule one day off a week for rest.
  • allenlisa
    Options
    bump up your exercise by making it harder. make sure you sweat! If you're not sweating it's too easy & your body gets used to it. You'll be able to add more calories cuz your burning more calories. Don't eat them all back everytime so you can zigzag your calories. :) Good job!!
  • Justarigz
    Options
    for one move that incline up! if it makes you nervous go faster...i do believe everyone should have one rest day a week maybe just a brisk walk after dinner on that day but you would be amazed working out everyday how fast your body will transform...like me you are focused on the scale...its a devil tool i tell you..start measuring your arms thighs and midsection when the scale dosent move your inches will still be going down your body will break its self out of a plateau as long as you are changing up your workouts in types of work outs (treadmill, bike, stairmaster) doing strength training also comes in many forms and its a good way to get on routine then switch it up which will also break a plateau, def. dont waste that energy get into that gym and work as hard as you can but do your weights up that intensity and you wont need to change a thing except your work outs :) get it girl!!
  • Isisnile
    Options
    Thank you so much, I feel so uplifted from reading your responses. You all are very encouraging. I am loving the positive vibes.