Healthy chicken recipes?

Options
I'd like to cook chicken for dinner tonight.. looking for some creative (moderately easy) chicken recipes so I can mix it up a bit(: Can anyone think of anything??

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Boil it, shred it, and toss with some bbq sauce and put on some whole wheat bread for shredded chicken sandwiches.
  • JenniM1974
    Options
    Diet cola chicken

1 can diet cola
    1 cup Ketchup
    4 Chicken breasts
    worchestershire sauce to cut sweetness
    onion
    black pepper to taste

Directions:

Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl except chicken and mix thoroughly.
    Place chicken in a skillet with spray oil such as Pam
    Pour sauce over chicken coating all sides of chicken.
    Cook covered on medium for 30 minutes
    Cook uncovered until sauce reduces to desired consistency (I usually do around another 20 minutes)
    As this cooks, you will need to stir the sauce and spoon over chicken occasionally.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    here are some basics I stick to: try to eat only the breast/white meat- bake, roast, or grill. If frying- stirfry in small amount of oil-very little.
    I enjoy chicken fajitas; sautee onions, peppers and use a marinade(tabasco sauce, steaksauce, red wine vinegar, hickory seasoning and veg.oil) on the chicken. Cook and use in a wrap of some sort. very easy and fast.

Also try substitute chicken in recipes like chili, casseroles, etc. try baking a chicken breast and put some marinara sauce on it with small amount of cheese-your choice. Use lots of veggies in all of these- also helps....Just some options......
  • Rosepetals11
    Rosepetals11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! that all sounds so good! I think I'll be making dinner early tonight:P
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Chicken Marsala is very fast and easy, but you need to have Marsala cooking wine.

*Pound about 1 pound of chicken breast or chicken tenders with a mallet
    *Cook and stir for a couple minutes in skillet with 2 cloves garlic, pepper and 1/2 a tablespoon of butter and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
    *Dump in some sliced fresh mushrooms (8 - 12 ounces or more)
    *Add 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of Marsala and cook uncovered for a couple minutes for the alcohol to burn off
    *Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes or so
    *Add seasoned salt towards the very end - about 1/4 teaspoon
    *Remove cover and stir in a slurry of 2 teaspoons corn starch and cold water to thicken the sauce

Takes about 20 minutes to make (if you have pre-sliced mushrooms)
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    Something we do that is super quick and easy is buy chicken breasts or thighs and cut them open so you can stuff them. Stuff them with some feta cheese, a little mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes and season with tomato basil mrs. dash seasoning. Close and put in a toothpick to hold it shut and bake! Easy enough and adds extreme flavor! Just be careful with how much cheese you add! :-)