Sensa

Options
My mother in law gave me two new packs of Sensa to try. Has anyone ever used them? They've been sitting on my desk for a month. Does it help?

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Sensa ingredients:

Maltodextrin
    Tricalcium Phosphate
    Silica
    Natural and Artificial Flavors
    FD&C Yellow 5
    Carmine
    Soy and Milk ingredients

Cheap ingredients for an expensive sprinkle. I've certainly never heard of artificial flavors and colors causing weight loss. I would throw them out. :flowerforyou:
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Aren't they just supposed to make your food taste different so you eat less?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    They claim the sprinkles "activate your hunger control switch". Which means you feel fuller sooner. There is nothing in Sensa that does this. It is all a marketing scam.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I always wondered about that....
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My friend tried it and said it didn't work for her. She says it worked for her mom, but she thinks it is a mind thing, like her mom thinks it will make her eat less, so she eats less. I looked into it, and as I did I realized you don't lose weight any faster than with proper diet and exercise.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Sounds like a placebo trick. If you believe it will work, it will! May as well sprinkle sparkles on your food to make you think you're fabulous. ;) Thats just my opinion though, maybe it does work.
  • diana77
    diana77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    wow!! what a rip off....or am i taking too far?? I mean if it doesn't do anything :huh:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    there was a review a few weeks back where someone said it made all your food taste the same and kind of artificial and sweet so you got incredibly sick of eating after a few bites and stopped.

I mean you have it so if you are interested in trying it, try it on a few bites and see what you think.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a placebo trick. If you believe it will work, it will! May as well sprinkle sparkles on your food to make you think you're fabulous. ;) Thats just my opinion though, maybe it does work.

What a splendid idea.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    They are a scam, plain and simple.

Read this link.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5495808&page=1
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sensa ingredients:

Maltodextrin
    Tricalcium Phosphate
    Silica
    Natural and Artificial Flavors
    FD&C Yellow 5
    Carmine
    Soy and Milk ingredients
    What's the Big Ragu doing in there?!

mekka.JPG
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Does it help?

With what?
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ingredient list. It appears, with my soy intolerance, that Sensa would be a no no for me. Not that I was ever going to try it, but I was a wee bit curious.