favorite workout dvd

Options
I want to buy a workout dvd that i can do in the mornings fairly quickly too so i don't have to wake up TOO early :tongue: but I don't want to waste money on something that doesn't really provide great results. What are your favorites??

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HI LOOK UP LESLIE SANSONE WALKING DVDS, SHE HAS A VARIETY FIND ONE WHICH MEETS YOUR NEEDS AND TAKE IT FROM THERE I ENJOY HER VERY MUCH..GOOD LUCK STAY STRONG..PEACE ISSY
  • mimi_i
    mimi_i Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey,

if you want a great and quick workout i recommend you to check the bodyrock.tv site.its totally free and you a have good and heavy workout that doesn't take more than a half an hour.
    if you put your best into it and just start at your own level,i guarantee you that you gonna see results,plus its totally free and you dont need a lot of equipment.
  • catriona269
    catriona269 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go to bodyrock.tv - amazing free workouts and they are normally only 12-15 mins long, but super intense!
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Its 27 minutes from warm up to cool down, and very effective!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred..it's cheap (really cheap on amazon) and it was very effective for me. It's a 20 minute workout--well, actually a little more if you count the warm up and cool down.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam. It comes with a few different work outs, some strength training and some cardio. One of the cardios is only 20 minutes and the other is about 40 minutes. It also has a great ab workout that's only 20 minutes (and I find that the last 10 minutes are all I have to do anyway).

I've definitely noticed a difference with this one! Plus, it's fun to do and Charlene, the instructor, is very good at keeping you motivated and your energy up.

By the way, I would buy it used because if you order it off the official website it gives you a lot of stuff that you really don't need and it totals to over $60. I got mine from Amazon for $12.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Jurbo Jam Maximum Results
    LOVE it - love Chalean's high powered approach, really fun, you will look forward to any of her workouts and there's 20 min options

Chalean Extreme
    Great strength workouts so you can mix it up a little, Chalean rules - easy to fit into your schedule

Hip Hop Abs
    Surprisingly fun, and feels very well rounded and not boring

30 Day Shred
    I found this condescending, fake and boring - but I will keep it in my mix because it's not always about fun

P90X
    I haven't made up my mind what I think about this yet as it's still a little beyond me, but I'll get to it in a few weeks hopefully

Pilates for Dummies
    Really helpful for explaining and using correct form, which is what pilates is all about... I like it

Windsor Pilates 20 Min Workout
    Will get to this one after finishing the one for dummies as I don't think it instructs to the same degree

Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation
    Love it - really fun, a super workout with lots of choices, including 20 min

Wii fitness sports and games
    I like the cheerleading game, EA Sports Active (you can customize a 20-30 min routine to your taste) Wii Fit and all sorts of simulated sports games to really mix it up and keep it fun.

TIP
    Buy everything used - some of these are very expensive but you can always get them cheap on your local trade, sell and swap websites, just google "used YourCityName" or check the local eBay Kijiji or whatever it's called. Also a good source of used equipment. A lot of people like to buy fitness stuff and then don't really want to put in the work, or don't have room for the stuff - so there's always a great selection of used at huge discount for the MFPer who is SERIOUS!

Mix it up as much as you possibly can - from what I can tell doing the same thing over and over isn't your best option, so doing the opposite maybe is a great idea - that's my plan anyway.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv

Sounds great - will add it to my mix for sure! The more the merrier!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with those that like Turbo Jam. I've been doing the workouts for 8 days and I know I'm probably imagining it, but I feel like I'm walking taller and my abs and arms feel tighter. Today I did the Turbo Sculpt along with Cathe Friedrich's MMA Kickbox...I think I've found the perfect type of workout for me.