Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf

Options
HisBeachgirl
HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
Like lots of other people, I have a family to feed that isn't watching their calories. It's a pain to prepare two different meals so I'm always excited when I find something that won't burst my calorie allotment and my family will love.

Tonight I made this recipe:
http://joelens.blogspot.com/2010/06/chicken-parmesan-meatloaf.html
for Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf. I used ground turkey simply because I couldn't find any ground chicken, but it was very good. Even my 7 yr old daughter who hasn't met a meatloaf she likes yet said that it was good. I tallied up the calories in mfp, and if one loaf serves 6 people it's 251 calories a serving. Not bad for a main dish.

Hope it's of use for someone else. :)

Replies

• RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i'll have to try this one. thanks
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    *Bump*

I'll have to try this:)
  • saabs80
    saabs80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, I liked the ingredients and I will make it for sure. For ground chicken, pick up some chicken breast in the meat section and ask the butcher at your market to ground it for you.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump! Yum!
  • Ashley5704
    Ashley5704 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing. I'll definitely have to try it!
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    BUMP..Thanks!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    i'll have to try it!
  • HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, I liked the ingredients and I will make it for sure. For ground chicken, pick up some chicken breast in the meat section and ask the butcher at your market to ground it for you.

Thanks for this tip. I shop at the commissary, while the prices are lower, the service is non existent. We have a Publix going in up the street though, I may have to stop and ask them to do that when they open, I bet the recipe will be even better!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kellyc3
    Options
    bump
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try this. I love chicken parm, I often make it twice a week. My grocery sells the Nature's Basket line of ground chicken so this is the perfect use for that. Thank you!
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Yummy - did you put the recipe in the database?
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: bump
  • MARIMOM
    Options
    NEW TO THE SITE HOW DO I GET THE RECIPE
  • loisquiroz
    Options
    Thank you,, I have been searching for recipes and you are so correct I too have a family to cook for that is NOT on a diet that suffers from me,, but I look at this way,, if I can eat healthy so can they,, we will all benefit from eating right,, Thanks again