I don't know how I got to this point...yeah right

Options
I'd say "I don't know how I got to this point" (250lbs) but I'd be lying.

It's quite simple, I ate anything I wanted (even some stuff I didn't want because it was there), whenever I wanted, without concern and did not move very much at all. Add in 3 pregnancies and the death of a loved one and you've got a recipe for how to make a fat person.

I could blame my hectic job, crazy kids, miserable husband, etc. but the truth is - "Life is what you make it" and right now I am not happy with what I've made and only I can change that.

I thought I'd conquered this on WW a few years ago when I was under 200 and feeling and looking good (Even managed to run a 5K) but alas cancer took a close family member and I decided to grieve in a fridge. Which coincidentially created another grieving, this time for the body I lost!

Time to stop wallowing and making excuses. I am finally going to work toward having the life I envy all around me.

Join me for the ride!

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    This is a great first step. Lots of help here. Good luck.
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    VERY well said! Congrats to you for taking the first step in reclaiming your life again! :drinker:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Great first step and welcome to an AMAZING site!!!
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude! Sounds like a recipe for success :-) I fall into that "blame everyone and everything but myself" trap sometimes... but it sure isn't helpful. I love your attitude - I'm sure you'll do great on here, and you'll be a great motivator and inspiration to others while you're at it!
  • HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great way to face the truth, proclaim the problem and you're on your way to defeat it!
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    you may have found the "IT" that's going to help you get to your goal...good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Your post is very refreshing.

Welcome! You can do this. :) You've already taken the first step....
  • welshdaffodil
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I sat tonight and ate a large bar of chocolate because I had a mad busy week at work and felt sorry for myself and did the chocolate help ? No I just feel stuffed and worse. Well done for taking control and being honest. Good kuck and best wishes.
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    Options
    big hugs to you it takes alot to admit these things to yourself you will find so much encouragement here your a strong person you can do this :)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Should be fun!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I echo your post...

I am trying SO HARD to get back on track. Sending a friend request...
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Great way to face the truth, proclaim the problem and you're on your way to defeat it!

Thanks - i think your post is going to be my new mantra! well said.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I ever blamed anyone else for my weight, but I know I would always put myself down because of my weight. And I completely understand how it goes when comes to grieving in the fridge (my grandpa died of brain cancer in December '08 :cry: ). It's because of that that I ended up getting to my heaviest weight, 370lbs! (Yikes!) Managed to get down to 317.2, but another tragedy happened (lost a great great dog), and my weight slowly went back up to 350.

But I'm getting better control of what I eat and everything. So I hope you manage to successfully reach your weight loss goals, and that we can become friends :flowerforyou:
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE what you had to say :D
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I love your sense of humor, maybe it will remind me not to be such a bitter old lady!
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love your attitude!

:smile:
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :).
  • melcasa
    melcasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a love one. Grief can trigger use to do many things and eating is just the sweetest comfort of them all.

If you haven't all ready, I would recommend speaking with a local Hospice as they have free grief counseling sessions. They have individual and group meetings which can both be beneficial depending on your needs.

I'm glad you are deciding to take control. Just remember that the food is not your only battle. Dealing with the skeletons in your closet can be more painful than anything and having a strong support system behind you is imperative.

Good luck and stay strong,

Melissa