Your thoughts on Thanksgiving

Options
Here in the USA, Thanksgiving is really a day of indulgent overeating.

Are you planning on shrinking your portions or are you just going to go all out and have three pieces of pumpkin pie?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    All out! Christmas and Thanksgiving are my free days! My plan is the day before Thanksgiving, workout/eat/log like normal. Thanksgiving, workout and then enjoy. Day after Thanksgiving, back to normal! I know I'll go over, so won't bother logging, and I know one day won't hold me back from how far I've come. Same with Christmas. What's a lifestyle change without enjoying certain traditions? Besides, only certain times I can get my mom's homemade cookies or Thanksgiving sides!
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Copious amounts of beer, and everything else that goes with Thanksgiving.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I thought I would just throw portion control out the window but I took a nice look at my menu and realized it's not all that bad. So I will double my veggies and cut my potatoes in half (as much as that may hurt) and skip the rolls but really it's not horrible if you stop eating when youre full. Now pie...I have cut over half the calories in a pie I make every year and I will have a tiny slice. Ya i'm not going to stick to 1200 cals. not gonna happen. But I will do good and I will enjoy myself and we will be going for a nice long walk in the morning and evening.

But I sure will miss the yorkshire pudding theres no way that is healthy lol
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    I could skip it all except my Grandmothers stuffing! I will eat that!! I don't like desserts that much, so that is not an issue, I could pass up the turkey, rolls potatos, but I will have me some stuffing!!!!
  • melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was going to let myself eat what I wanted to, whatever it might be. But, lately I've been noticing that I just can't overeat like I used to. I feel full sooner, and when I try to get seconds even I'm uncomfortable. I don't how much I'll really be able to indulge!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its not Thanksgiving that makes people gain weight, its overeating for the 3 days afer and the weeks following.
  • PennyS44
    PennyS44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I can't pass up stuffing.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I will eat a bit more than usual. But we don't go crazy in our family. Turkey, stuffing, taters and corn, real gravy. Not great. But no thousand relatives bringing things you "have to try!". And I will have a light bkfst that day, as usual, and no other meals.

I couldn't care less about dessert, but my mom is bringing something, so I'll eat a small piece.

It's a day of going off plan. And I will eat leftovers the next day. No biggie. By Saturday I'm back on plan. I'm not stressing about it, like some of my friends are. Bring it on!
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My plan is to work out everyday until then. We just have one family meal in the evenings. Everything will be high cal high fat. So I will not try to really keep track and give myself a free day eating as little as possible that day in order to save it all for the night. Then work out on Friday to try and work it all back off. :smile:
  • broby425
    Options
    I plan to stick to my guns pretty heavily before, then I'll probably let loose a little bit on Thursday...and I'll probably wind up letting loose a little more than I'd planned, and be OK with it. Then back on the program...got a month to prepare for the Christmas feast!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm planning ondoing portionn control, no rolls and no desserts
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm planning ondoing portionn control, no rolls and no desserts

Oh and I plan on burning more calories that day, probably do a workout in the morning and at night
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    There's usually nothing for me to eat anyway being all meat. I need at least a mixed dish with meat and veggies.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My brother & sister & I have an official weigh-in before and after dinner every Thanksgiving to see who has gained the most weight. If you gain the most you win, so I will not be counting calories that day! Its just one day!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm doing a 5 mile run that day, and then enjoying myself all day.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I plan on really running my butt off and drinking a lot of water. I know I will splurge a little but like I said I am going to run for an hour before hand.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hell yea im eating a whole pie! :D
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat whatever I want and as much as I want of it.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat whatever I want and as much as I want of it.

I'm with this guy.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am eating how I usually eat on Thanksgiving! Minus the pumpkin pie =( (developed food allergy during pregnancy 3yrs ago). I'm going for the green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and the "fruit salad". LOL