Munching while I study

Options
I do it all the time. I work a hectic ngiht schedule and feel like I'm going to fall asleep unless I munch on somehting while I study (getting a Master's degree part-time).
Even when I'm not very sleepy, I can't seem to concentrate on the reading material unless my hand is shoving something into my mouth. Help!!!

Replies

• zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. I work a hectic ngiht schedule and feel like I'm going to fall asleep unless I munch on somehting while I study (getting a Master's degree part-time).
    Even when I'm not very sleepy, I can't seem to concentrate on the reading material unless my hand is shoving something into my mouth. Help!!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink green tea, or if you have to munch on something try cold veggies. Sometimes if I have calories left I will munch on whole wheat pretzel sticks.

~Leash :heart:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be the hand action? I mean would chewing gum help? If not popcorn isn't to bad as far as calories.:flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My new favorite things to munch on are grapes, cucumbers and sugar snap peas--yummy!:happy: All low cal makes it even better!
  • KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    From student to student, I understand. This became my downfall.. snacking late at night, constant snacking while I was studying (which I prob. do for 2-5hrs. a day) and all of the sudden, weight gain. Yikes... so here's my solution: Just don't do it. I know that this seems all too simplistic, but just don't do it. It can easily add a ton of weight. I chew gum.. for me I think it's the chewing action. I chew gum and probably more of it than I need to, but for me, it's better than consuming calories, ESPECIALLY late at night.
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yeah, I think its like a mental barrier that needs to be overcome. Once I can train myself to just stop doing it, that should solve the problem. I read somewhere that if you stick with soemthing for a month, it ingrains itself into your daily routine and idea of "life." So it's just a matte rof making it a month...on this diet, with this excersize regimen...with not munching while I study,

Thanks everyone.