Needing general diet advice

Options
I have my diary open if anyone wants to look at it. I'm horrible at drinking water. I absolutely hate it. But I drink a TON of diet green tea. Does that make it okay? I'm trying to work in more fruits and vegetables. I think I did okay today and need to know if today's looks good or am I fooling myself. Pretty much any and all advice would be appreciated. Also, Is eating sodium a big deal? I mean water weight could only be so much right?

I know I have lost weight but I want to be and eat healthy. That's why i'm asking. Oh. And I drink a ton of coffee...

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Sodium is awful....try and limit it as much as you can, and on the days you have a lot of it, drink tons of water to wash it all out!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    and btw...I think your diary from today looks great! Good job....keep it up!
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You have to drink the water. 10 glasses a day. You have to do it. Green tea is good, but it won't flush you like the water will. Force yourself to have a 16oz bottle of water every 2 hours or so and you will have it in.

Carbs may be too high. See you aren't tracking protein but based on what you are eating is probably ok.

Don't see any exercises?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    No sodium is not awful. I don't have blood pressure problems so i don't worry as much as most. Only problem is that it can mask weight loss, but doesn't effect fat loss :]

As for water it is always good to get in some! Most of mine comes in the form of black coffee tho xD I stay hydrated though

I would make sure that you are getting enough protein and fats!
    .8-1 g per lb of body weight for protein
    .3 times body weight for minimum fats :]
    rest of calories in with carbs
    lift weights
    = win :]
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I have read that green tea can count toward your water intake?
    Options
    I have read that green tea can count toward your water intake?

yes! So can many things. You need fluids, not necessarily plain water
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda yo-yoing on the exercise. When I get a chance when no one is home I do it. It just embarrasses me something horrible. I know its stupid but I can just imagine my huge butt in the air. Lol.

I put my activity as sendentary. I'm a stay at home mom of a 1 and 2 year old. So I wasn't quite sure since I don't work. But i'm by no means on the couch all day. lol. should I change it?
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Walk.

And I I only know what worked for me as far as my water advice.
    Options
    I would keep it as sedentary. No need to be embarrassed! You are improving yourself :]
    Options
    Walk.

And I I only know what worked for me as far as my water advice.

To each their own :] If you like it then drink up! But if you hate it try adding it in slowly.

I don't know how you can drink so much water in the winter xD it makes me shiver :O
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I did WW they said that I could do and liquids in place of water but I like water. I see you drink the Lipton green tea is it the kind that you brew or the one that you buy in the bottle? The reason why I ask this question is because my cousin who has recently lost over 100lb say she only drink the green tea that you brew.. She say brewing is better than the bottle (personal opinion) and she drink it with no sugar.. I have also started drinking more green tea but only the tea bags or tea leaf..
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I bought some brew a couple of days ago but havent drank any. I've been drinking Lipton's Diet Green Tea in the gallon.

Also, Thanks to everyone that has replied. It has helped alot!
  • mamapeanut
    Options
    I add lemon juice to my water. Makes it taste so much better!
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Marley,
    I wouldn't worry about the water. The green tea is almost just as good. I drink a lot of decaf coffee with hazelnut creme and I count it as my liquid. I use a little less hazelnut than I used to because of the calories but I love my decaf coffee so no way would I give it up. I have lost 16 pounds so far and my massage therapist said my muscles feel very healthy and hydrated. I read a book called "the anderson method" by Bill Anderson. It is an awesome book that helped me to really begin to loose weight.
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I left mine as sedentary even though I don't think I really am that sedentary. I have lost 1.7 pounds a week so far. I do not eat extra calories when I exercise because I was not loosing weight when I did that.