Hi everybody! Im ready to turn my life around

Options
Hey! My name is Cheyenne and I joined so I can stay motivated to lose weight. Ive struggled with my weight since I was little. Ive been on and off diets. Ive struggled a lot with going on extreme diets where I lose a lot of weight, and as sonn as I stop, I gain it all back...plus some! So Im trying to find a middle ground, between not eating at all and eating too much. I really dont have much support, most my family is overweight, and the only person on a (healthy) diet is my grandma.....but its hard for her to support me...I feel super ashamed that I eat more than a 59 year old woman (and that I weigh more than her too!) So I hope some people that know how I feel can be my friend and support me on my weight loss journey! Thanks so much!
:heart:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheyenne!!
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! and remember, the most successful diet is not a "diet" it's a lifestyle. :)
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheyenne, I feel you I come from a overweight family and I'm overweight myself. We all need that support system to find this wonderful lifestyle that you are choosing to start. Please add me and don't be a stranger. I wish you much success in everything!!!
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i came from an overweight family too! If you don't have a full plate at family gathering someone WILL make a comment about it! Feel free to add me if you need support buddies!
  • montanamagic
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you. I just joined two days ago and I love the positive support and ideas from everyone on this site. Although your weight loss journey is personal, we are all here cheering you on.
  • tljacob
    Options
    Welcome Cheyenne!

I understand your upbringing and struggles (i've been there). Whatever happened yesterday is gone... everyday is a new day!Surround yourself with the supportive and positive people on MFP! Best of luck and we're all here when needed!

YOU GO GIRL!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheyenne!!!!!!!!!!! Making friends helps so much.
  • copykatnjesus
    copykatnjesus Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think MFP will really help you in your journey. I can't
    say my family is all overweight but some are and we
    all we're trained to "Clean your plate"! Just be sure
    to log in your food every day and start by maybe just
    walking. I'm sure you'll see quick results. Good luck
    and God Bless!! You can friend me : )