Ideas for job at home?

Options
Edithrenee
Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
Just wondering what types of jobs can a person do at home? A real job! lol

I am a dental assistant and a medical assistant I can do all chair side dentistry but i can also do some insurance and front desk stuff. Im just so tired of being out there, im 42 and i have worked since i was 12. I really would like to keep working but would love to find something at home.

It is a long story as to why I am so tired of out there.. Number one reason Drama and some Younger girls think you are going to take there job or, in alot of dental offices there are assistants there who are afraid there boss will favor you over them blah blah, it is alot of drama and "children out there" I am way to tired of dealing with it. lol And i am told by alot of people i am too nice and that kinda dont mix anymore i guess.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Some ppl do book keepin from home.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    what about medical billing? idk what kind of money they make but you can do that from home. also places like cox communications or the like have telecommute jobs. some credit card companies give you a computer so you can work from home. you just have to ck them out. google it. im too much of an extrovert that being a stay at home mom for so long was enough that I had to get out of the house! lol
  • Pinacleo
    Options
    If you don't mind doing in bound phone work, check out West at Home. They are based in Omaha NE but have home agents all over the country. I will be starting next week. :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    day trader
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to hear the answers to your post. You and I have very similar lives- freakishly similar....... I am nearly ready to get myself fired on purpose just so I can draw unemployment and get away from my Dental Dramaville. (lol, my office has this name)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My friend works from home doing customer service for Amazon; they even provided a computer. Another lady I know does indexing--yeah, she creates indexes from books they send her. Good luck in your job transition! I work in healthcare, too and dream to move on due to the drama and poor management--I do love my patients, though!
  • mdkiwi
    Options
    If you are really interested in working from home, I am partnering with a company that allows me to work from home and I'd be happy to show you what it's all about. I can show you what it's all about, and if you decide it's not for you, no big deal. Just message me and let me know when you'd be available to chat.
  • reallyneatgirl
    reallyneatgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are we allowed to link to other forums here? I have worked on and off from home for years and am a member of an amazing forum for work at home people. I will message it to you personally, but if I get the go ahead I will post it here as well. I messaged Steven and I am just waiting on a reply.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    sales rep in your area for dental/medical stuff... big business! your home office is your home base, so to speak. good luck :))
  • reallyneatgirl
    reallyneatgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wanted to post an update with the link to the work at home forum, as I was told it is acceptable to post it.

The forum is www.workplacelikehome.com

It is just a community, like this one, but of people who work from home or are interested in doing so. People post job leads and also answer questions for newer members. It is a great group of people!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i work from home as an editor. I do novels mostly, and work through a small publishing house in Texas. I love it.

If you're at all crafty, your options are limitless. I also make dolls and work with a local non-profit. They clean homes for free for families who have children going through cancer treatments, and leave on of my dolls with each child they clean for. For each custom order, i donate a portion of the proceeds to the non-profit.

If you're interested in learning more about either of these, let me know! I love what i do, and that i can do it at home with my kids!