Bissell Carpet Cleaner

Options
nygiantschick
nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
This has nothing to do with weight loss (unless you count the calories burned while cleaning carpets!!). But does anyone have a Bissell Carpet Cleaner? Been thinking about getting one so I don't have to rent a carpet cleaner. If you have one, do you like it? Would you suggest purchasing? Any advise? Thanks.

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My mom got a good carpet cleaner like that! I would love one!! Especially since we live in apartments. It would be such peace of mind to be able to get those difficult stains out. And when we have our own place, it will be nice to keep up the carpet! My sis in law had an OLD Kirby with the carpet shampoo attachement and used it all the time with her little ones running amuck!!

I say, if you have it in your budget....get it! Well worth the investment. If not...the scrubber sticks work pretty well too.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    dont have one but carpet cleaning is really hard work! count those exercise calories girl!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I used a Bissell every time I moved out of an apartment with carpets (beige nontheless!) and they looked spotless and untouched after :-) Definitely a good product! Even if you don't have pets...use the Resolve pet stain and odor soap it is amazing!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have the little pet stain vac thingy, (just for spots really) - and it is awesome, I use it to clean the chairs and couch, and any weird spots that may happen to show up on the carpet (no pets but 2 youngins).
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have both the big one with the heat function and the smaller spot bot. They are both great! Worth the money. :)
  • RobertG86
    Options
    The little hand held Bissell carpet cleaner is the shizzz. Great product. Good for cleaning up spills on couches or small spots on carpet. It your trying to do a whole house forget about it. The vacume cleaner size is best. Just buy both and life will be good.
  • waterlillie1016
    waterlillie1016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bissell is a pretty good product. We have the Bissell that heats the water. I would give it 4 stars out of 5. Its good for a bedroom at a time, before needing to dump and refill. I wish that the tank was larger. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The exercise is a plus. :smile:
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    good feedback....thanks everyone...
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking that question. I have been using the Spot Bot and we end up with all these clean little circles that show me the whole rug/carpets need to be cleaned. I have been meaning to ask the same question.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I had one and loved it, we had it for years then it died.....want another one oh so badly.....maybe santa will be good to me this year.
  • acmanchester
    Options
    I love all the bissell products .I have a bissell spot cleaner and also bought a little green machine.I actually have a dirt devil carpet cleaning machine but if Iwere buying a new one would definitely look at the bissell.they are all pretty much the same the key is to clean your carpets get too dirty.I know that sounds weird but if you get your carpets too dirty damage may have already started.I used to own a carpet cleaning company and am very happy with the cleaning machines that are currently on the market.I hope this helps
    -Andrea K
  • ipro1
    ipro1 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI, Yes Bissell carpet cleaner is the good one to clean the carpets with in a few minutes.Now there is unique tools to clean the carpet in that case, I found one of the best seattle carpet cleaning service with the latest carpet cleaning equipment for reasonable price of well done job.

http://www.seattlebestcarpetcleaning.com
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting clean the whole living room floor with the Bissell spot bot, I am highly considering getting the full size machine!
  • Dainty59
    Dainty59 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I invested in one 5 years ago it's very light got it at Walmart I'm getting ready to use it After posting reply great investment
  • austinartgirl
    austinartgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We have one and it has worked great - but now its clogged. Apparently its common with the Bissels. If you search YouTube you'll find a lot of fix it yourself videos. We have yet to clean ours. I guess the soap clogs the tubing. Anyway, for the price it has done a great job and I'm sure we can get it working again. We have been very happy with it. We are dog owners.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub is what we just got. It's our second one, I liked enough to get another one. It actually has a really good suction, pretty professional results. I like it!
  • ericfla
    Options
    I have a full size Bissell carpet cleaner. It doesn't heat the water but does a good job of pulling up dirt from carpet.

it's about 8 years old and a few plastic parts and a seal have broken, but for the $250 I spent it has been a great investment.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    I have an older 5 brush Hoover steam vacuum deluxe carpet cleaner .

Love it !
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I have a Bissell carpet cleaner. It's my second one in the last 15 yrs. I love it. I think people tend to put too much soap in them, neglect to fiber traps and forget that they need to rinse the carpet after they have shampoo'd. Even with four cats, it took me 13 yrs to kill the first one.