PCOS/ losing weight/Protein Shake for Diabetics

Options
Hi

Are you guys having a difficult time losing weight? Also being insulin resistant/diabetic. I know i am having a hell of a time. The weight is dropping off so slow.

This belly fat is horrible and i hate my arms u know the bicips shake.

For diabetics which protein shake is good and not spike the diabetes? My blood sugar has been good!

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There's a company called Glucerna that makes all kinds of great products for diabetics.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    There's a company called Glucerna that makes all kinds of great products for diabetics.

Thanks for geting back to me. How are their protein shakes?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    There is a protein called Ujury, it is good for all sorts of medical issues including diabetics. Look on Ujury.com for more info.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

Agree! ...

Also try Atkins shakes, they aren't that bad and are low carb, low sugar!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options

Look at you my little go getter promoting our group!
  • beaversprings
    Options
    Hi. I also have pcos and am insulin resistant. I have been having good results with eating low carb and exercising daily (6 days). For protein shakes, I use Atkins and EAS Carb Control shakes. I also use Atkins protein bars. I use Splenda (sucralose), Truvia (stevia), or Sweet 'n Low (saccarine) in place of sugar. I do not use Nutrisweet (aspartame) because I have read that it reacts in your body just like sugar.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Hi. I also have pcos and am insulin resistant. I have been having good results with eating low carb and exercising daily (6 days). For protein shakes, I use Atkins and EAS Carb Control shakes. I also use Atkins protein bars. I use Splenda (sucralose), Truvia (stevia), or Sweet 'n Low (saccarine) in place of sugar. I do not use Nutrisweet (aspartame) because I have read that it reacts in your body just like sugar.

How are the flavors? Also a good protein shake is nature's way reset.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Just curious about flavors.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Just curious about flavors.

I did not care for the Vanilla in the Atkins.
  • denisela29
    Options
    I use the Visalus Body by Vi shakes and they are good. I like that you can make them any flavor you want, it's non-GMO soy, and low carb. I'm also PCOS and having a hard time losing weight, but the shakes are helping, even if it is slower than I would like!
  • beaversprings
    Options
    I wasn't fond of the Vanilla at first, but now I like it. Kind of like going from regular soda to diet. The chocolate shakes are pretty good and I really like the EAS Strawberry. I think you just have to try them for yourself and decide what you like best.
  • 7destiny
    Options
    Collagen Sport has no sugar and no fake sugars, they use xylitol. Its gluten free, lactose free, and free of synthetics. 130 calories a serving 30 g of protein to satisfy for hours. The flavors are French Vanilla and Belgian Chocolate.
  • ansinclair8
    ansinclair8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also have been using the Visalus Body by Vi shakes. Tastes delicious, makes me get some nutrition for breakfast and keeps me full until lunch.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Collagen Sport has no sugar and no fake sugars, they use xylitol. Its gluten free, lactose free, and free of synthetics. 130 calories a serving 30 g of protein to satisfy for hours. The flavors are French Vanilla and Belgian Chocolate.

Which store sells this? sounds delcious.
  • 7destiny
    Options
    You can get it on amazon!
  • nancynurse77
    nancynurse77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Costco sells a good one...Premier Nutrition Protein chocolate shake. 160 calories, 30 gms protein and only 5 carbohydrates. 3 fibers. It has worked good for me to have on hand so when I work long hours and can't get away for my planned meal, I don't grab the high carb crackers that are around. I have searched and this is the best one I have found and the cost is minimal. Good luck. I have been working on the low carb diet for my type 2.