310 to 140...and im stuck in the middle lol

Options
Hello everyone! My name is LaKeshia, 26 and just took a big step in my life and moved from Phoenix to Chicago for my career!
I've been big my whole life...childhood size 12, high school at 250lbs, and my biggest point 3yrs ago at 310lbs! 2 years ago I finally decided to do a life changing (but unhealthy) diet and within one year got done to 168lbs. Because of stress, laziness, and a thing I like to call the "happy heifer syndrome", I got myself back up to 220lbs! When a great job opportunity came up, I picked up and moved to Chicago about 4 months ago. It was a bit of a rocky start but I'm more determined now than ever to get this weight off and start living a happy, healthy life.
I workout about 5 days per week, consume between 1000 and 1200 calories per day and I've made it down to 198lbs! My goal is 140, and I'd like to reach it by this spring/summer.

Since I don't know anyone in Chicago, I am calling on you MFP people for support and motivation! : ) In turn I will be there to support and encourage your weightloss journey as well :)

Talk to you soon!

Replies

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    WElll ...... Welcome !

Feel free to add me if you wanna : )

Jen
  • AgandNes
    AgandNes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. Good luck on your journey! :)
  • suzancarroll
    Options
    You can do it, you have already lost weight before so you know the drill. I also have lost alot of weight then put quite a bit of it back on. So you can add me and we will do this together along with all the other MFP support.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think we "all" had that losing a lot of weight and putting it back on, so I am happy for you that you chose to lose weight in a healthy way. I am sure you will reach your goal in no time (appropriate of course)

I am new here too and unfortunately I don't know anybody in Chicago (I live in Germany), but I am sure you will make friends in no time.
    Chrissi