Any stretch marks?

Options
How much have you lost and do you have stretch marks?

Replies

• awoutlaw
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs and YES, I have stretch marks! Lost and gained weight so many times over my lifetime! How about you?
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    80, and yes all over....they don't go away, but they fade.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have sever ones. Mainly from pregnancy but others from being up and down on my weight.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad, even really thin girls can get stretch marks too.

I have lost close to 40. I do have a little, but genetics is usually to blame for a lot of people- so blame your parents ;). Stretch marks will fade and there are a lot of lotions that really do help. I recommend scar cream since that is what stretch marks are, they worked really well on my knee scars.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs and YES, I have stretch marks! Lost and gained weight so many times over my lifetime! How about you?

I've been as high as 160 and as low as 125 in the last year. I settled at 145ish. I have some faint ones on my upper thighs.

I have a friend who uses Mederma (sp?) and she said it really works. She uses it twice a day.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 and don't have any. Actually, I've never had any. Lucky, I guess.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks are just from my pregnancy. There are no two piece swim suits in my future! I gained my weight so gradually I guess my skin was able to keep up. Not sure what I will do about all the loose skin later though.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since I was an early teen. Of course, I weighed 200+ pounds back then, too. Not sure exactly (didn't like the scale). But from then to now, I'm at 142. :) So probably in all, I've lost at least 60 pounds or so over time. My stretch marks don't really bother me much anymore, they're pretty light now.
  • Maila29
    Options
    YES I have them everywhere :(! That's the only thing im really self conscious about even if I do lose weight and become skinny, I think I'll still feel pretty self conscious about my stretch marks :(
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    23 lbs on MFP, and YES. I hate them.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, yes, and I'm currently trying to take care of them although I still have a long way to go with my weight loss.
  • RobertG86
    Options
    Your thinking about it the wrong way, let the stretch marks remind you of your effort to get back to your healthy body. Do you think some one with a scar from being shot thinks how they can cover it up nooo they think that sucked how can i never get shot again.
  • EmYounginTonga
    Options
    My heaviest with pregnancy was some where around 235 pounds. Honestly I can't remember I would get on the scale and not look, I knew it was high for me.

I have mad stretch marks on my stomach.... they have faded over the years and gotten smaller. But are still there.

I am now at 158 pounds, and it has only been the last 15 pounds or so that I have noticed my stomache is much smaller. Obviuosly it is has been getting smaller - but I just had not noticed that much until recently!

Hope that helps. If I had the guts I would share a pic of my stomach - not quite there yet!!

Em
  • Montey6
    Options
    I'd be more ashamed of fat and cellulite than stretch marks. Think of it as an accomplishment to your great success. I know, I know, I know...it is hard to deal with ...but try to change your perspective. And honestly we all have them! Even the thinnest of people! Are you really going to worry about a few lines here and there when you just saved your heart and arteries from being clogged up and possibly exploding from excess fat.... Be honest! Life is to short! Embrace your weight loss success and NEVER NEVER NEVER gain weight again!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost and do you have stretch marks?
    I actually have one small on near my armpit. No BS. I must have great skin elasticity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I had stretch marks from growth spurts around my knees, but mostly mine came from pregnancy. I've lost 61lbs since my highest weight, and my stretch marks could form a map to California! They have faded but I'm still self conscious. My boyfriend says he barely notices them, so I have to be fine with that. :smile:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere that cocoa butter is supposed to help as would vitamin E. My friend used to take these very expensive pills to get rid of them back in middle school and they worked wonders. I don;t know what they were but there must be more out there. Any one else know any other natural remedies?
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks for years, around the top of my thighs and my hips, at my heaviest I was 158 , I got to that by putting on a stone each year for three years. Two stone ish down now and all of the yoyo dieting over the years has probably made them tons worse than they should've been. I feel a lot better at 126 lbs, but would still like to lose another 10 or so lbs, just learning to accept my stretch marks will never go away and I'll just have to deal with them!

Been told great things about bio-oil so think might give that a go though!
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from when I put on a lot of weight quickly in me teens, (my heaviest was 180lbs). I have not been that heavy again and haven't got any more stretch marks since then (thank god) because they are all over my thighs, backs of knees, butt, hips & chest. But, they have faded with time and so has my hate of them
  • EmYounginTonga
    Options
    Agree!!

Oops that was suppose to include a quote from another poster... I guess I did it wrong!

Sorry.

It was in agreement to Montey6!!