Sausages

Options
Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
What is a healthier alternative to sausages?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Smart sausage
    Smart dogs
    Smart bacon

turkey sausage
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Turkey sausage is pretty good
    I have had some interesting flavors too! Tomato basil, apple, feta cheese :] yum!
    I eat regular sausage too, just fit it into my macros
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I like turkey and chicken sausage. :smile:
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yeah sausages were a dinner 1-2 times a week for my family and my 2yo misses them, cause I can't make them or her without having at least one :P
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    if you take the sausage meats out of the skin and make into patties it does make a difference as the fat is released...
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We like Isernio's Chicken Sausage (there's a breakfast type and spicy Italian) and Hillshire Farms Smoked Chicken Sausage and Turkey Keilbasa.
    Both end up about 80 calories per serving and much lower fat, but the sodium is high.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    We have low fat sausages here (beef, about 5% fat). They don't taste as yum as a good sausage, but sausages are seriously fatty and bad for you (sadly).

Also, I tend to cut them up into small chunks and put them in things like devilled sausages or cassarole so that they go further and you can have less.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You probably don't wanna hear this - but i'd just enjoy the real thing, in a smaller quantity that fits your cal goal for the day :)