need a hrm watch

Options
I am wanting to purchase a heart rate monitor. I do not need a gps version as most activities will be inside.

I am looking into the polar brands.. model tc7 and tc 60 does anyone have one of these and care to share info on it..
it is a rather big purchase for me and I want one that will last .. thanks in advance

Replies

• nukehiker
    Options
    i have the ft4 with a chest strap and it works great ! heart rate , calories burned
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with either of those models, but I have an FT7 and love it. It is an investment, but you can find them at lower prices on amazon and other sites.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    FT7 awesome! :wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    i have the ft4 with a chest strap and it works great ! heart rate , calories burned

I second that. I just got the FT4 and it's working great. I had a cheapo HRM that I got from Wal-Mart and it was so far off on calories burned that it isn't even funny. I wore the old one and did a kickboxing DVD...according to the old HRM, I only burned 150 calories for 55 minutes. :noway: The readout on the FT4 seems to be a lot more accurate.
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I bought an FT7 off amazon.com a week and a half ago, and so far I really like it!
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    sorry ft 7 and ft60 are what I am looking at
  • mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    I have a FT 60, I love seeing the calories burned! Before that I had a very simple polar monitor that just gave my HR and time exercised but was very reliable, it is still working after 12 years.

However I don't have any luck using it swimming tried various tricks recommended by others but can never get it to work once I am submerged.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4, and I love it. The only complaint I have about it is that during the workout, you can only see your heart rate. You can only see the calories burned and the duration after you've stopped the training session. I don't mind it though. The heart rate and calories measurements are very accurate. I got mine on Amazon.com for about $60.