anyone doing a bootcamp?

Options
Hi I start a bootcamp on Monday and I have to say I am pretty nervous. I don't know if I am ready for this!!!!

Replies

• chicklidell
    Options
    I teach booty bootcamp in my gym, don't be nervous, it's a great way to start a fitness program, you work at your own pace, the exercises and meant to be challenging and fast paced, you wil be moving constantly between stations or circuits, whatever the instructor sets up. A good bootcamp will have a mix of well placed cardio/weight stations, so you don't totally burn out too quickly. Look for an instructor that motivates and doesn't criticize or single you out, or say degrading comments..such as my grandma moves faster then you...this happens quite often and is really unacceptable. With a good instructor, you should get a fantastic workout! Just have fun!
  • ryanperna
    ryanperna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love bootcamps. I feel like an idiot when everyone else around me is kicking butt at it and I'm new and can't do the exercises for the duration that they can, however, I have always found that people are very understanding, and a really good instructor will know when you are slacking and push you. I have found that people are always very accepting and encouraging, regardless of fitness level. I really admire the extremely overweight people (NOT talking about you!) that come to classes-it takes a lot of guts to do that and I encourage them as much as possible!

I think you will have a great experience regardless of your fitness level!