Reset goals every time I lose a pound?

So I just happened to go to my settings just to see if it updated each time I logged a loss. It had my correct weight on there and I left all the settings the same but when I saved the changes it dropped my calories by 40 per day. I just assumed that every time I logged a loss it updated my calories. So do I need to make it a point to go to my settings every time and save it when I lose a few pounds?

Replies

• jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    I normally update every 10lbs lost :)
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Good idea. Thanks! :):smile:
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Or if I hit a wall were I'm not loosing I'll up my lb's lost from 1lb a week to 1 1/2lb a week seems to help kick start loosing again
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    I tend to update every one or two pounds. That's just me though. lol I think it's fine if you do it every 10 pounds.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    I update it every time my weight changes.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Be careful of this.
    I like having control over MFP and setting custom settings.
    Sometimes youll slow your metabolism if you drop to low on calories.
    This tends to happen to most people who eat below their BMR.
    Safe area for dieting would be 20% less than your maintenance calories.
    Hugs!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    If you don't update, MFP will remind you to update everytime you reach 10lbs lost from last update.
  • mroper
    I think when it has reminded me in the past I just ignored it because my goals are the same (to lose 2 lbs a week). Never thought about the fact that calories would change. :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Are you still dropping 2 a week?
  • mroper
    Its averaging to be 2 a week. Some weeks nothing and some weeks 3 lbs. But since October 3rd I have lost 14 lbs.