Good diet books?

Options
Just looking for a good diet book that isn't TOO boring and won't be a waste of moneyy.

Replies

• KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like the Flat Belly Diet. I got a little pocket sized version of the full size book for less than $10 at Target. It's got the full plan and it's a healthy balanced diet plan. Plus it has a vegetarian option, which was a selling point for me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Flat Belly Diet all the way!
    I love the family book by Flat Belly also!
  • csninny78
    csninny78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You on a Diet. Good book with lots of information. Written by Dr. Mehmet Oz M.D.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Diet book? Not a waste of money!?

You can get more than enough info from the internet.

Save yourself the hassle, b*ll**ks and money and don't buy one! They're a load of tosh. If people can be successful without them, that's half the proof!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Try the library!! I think the Primal Blueprint is a good read!
  • jlbell123
    Options
    The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise love it! Lost 9 pounds so far and it has only been a week! Amazon.com bought mine used under $7 including shipping.
  • lawson305
    Options
    I just ordered the Biggest Loser cookbooks - figured they might be practical and somewhat of a switch from the run-of-the-mill book?
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Look at clean eating its not a diet its a change to your lifestyle. you can find a lot of info on line. I have two books by Tosca Reno and was so impressed by her way of writing its seems so normal to eat like this you wounder why you haven't been all the time. She has tips on eating clean on a budget and getting your little ones to eat clean good for them foods starting at a young age. Diet books are a waste of money I will agree, however Tosca's books I will be buying a few more when I have some extra cash because I agree with her points on food fuel and have lost 13 pound when my working out was couched along with me.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't buy, go to library and save a lot! There must be tens of diet books that you can browse on a spot and see what has a approach that hits you best.

I myself benefitted most of Dr. Phil's "Ultimate weight solution" or something like that. There wasn't any receipes as far as I can remember - and which I never would try anyway - but easily digestable set of some quite common psychological issues that might be at least partly behind our overweight. I found couple of things that really hit me hard and realizing them helped me a lot on the way! Not only it helped me to understand why I was overweight (due to past) but also it gave me insight to my current behaviour with food so I was able to make better choices.

Getting to know yourself and why it is so tempting to overeat makes much more permanent effect than some book with low fat receipes and diet regime. Diet ends one day and kilos come easily back if the reasons for them stay unknown.

Good luck! :-)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think the best diet books would probably be a bit on the boring side ;) Try to stay away from anything that tries to pull you in emotionally - e.g. blames 'the government' for you being overweight (because apparently the government tells every single health professional that ever existed what advice to give, not the other way around). They know you hate the government, who doesn't? Shameless marketing strategy ;)
  • thanks! I just read "Diet Drama" it was a GREAT book! And had real models (ones of all different sizes) and facts that YOU can relate too. I'm so sad I just finished it:( so maybe I'll just read it again!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Diet book? Not a waste of money!?

You can get more than enough info from the internet.

Save yourself the hassle, b*ll**ks and money and don't buy one! They're a load of tosh. If people can be successful without them, that's half the proof!

This.

Why do you need a book to tell you how to do it? Just use common sense, or failing that read around online!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    "Wheat Belly" by Willam Davis M.D.