Hibachi Dinner

Options
Going to Hibachi tonight.....any suggestions? I would like my meal to stay <800 if possible but i must have at least SOME rice....

shrimp vs. veggies only?
soup or salad? or both? (unlikely)

let me know what you all tend to do!

Happy saturday

danielle.

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you can ask them to avoid using the butter and oil to grill the chicken, shrimp and veggies. Have you ever seen that big bowl of butter come out? Or how much oil that is poored on the grill? Scary! I'd suggest chicken and shrimp and try to avoid eating the rice to save some calories. But if you must have rice, then get white instead of fried. I'll be interested to hear others suggestions.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I do soup, veggies, shrimp and scallops or something like that but, I immediately ask for a box and pack half. I skip the white rice but that's just my preference. I love Hibachi! ENJOY!!! Also, I don't hesitate on using the sauces cause I love them!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I would eat minimal all day, drink TONS of water to counteract all the salt, exercise a little extra and get veggies and scallops. Skip the shrimp because it is surprisingly high in cholesterol and calories. Salad is always a good choice as long as you don't go over board on the dressing. Also you can ask for a nutrition guide. They are required to have one for every dish they make.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I love hibachi! I would have the shrimp and veggies and skip the rice. If you want a salad instead of the soup, ask for the dressing on the side. Miso soup is fairly low in calories and that's normally what I order.
  • wendibartel
    Options
    I love hibachi. I almost always get the Salmon just because I find it so yummy and I have yet to figure out how to cook it at home without killing it.

The last time I went I ate all of my salmon, veggies, about a 1/4th of the rice shrimp and salad and remained under 800 calories for the meal. That was until my birthday cheese cake came rolling out lol.

Good luck and enjoy the meal.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Going to hibachi tonight--would it be okay to get a filet mignon or salmon (half)?...I usually never touch the salad...hate the dressing, and eat half the rice (I love the rice&veggies)
    Thanks for any input:)