Bread - I'm craving bread, bread and butter

Options
Okay, so what's up with that????? when I have a slice, I can't stop.....

Replies

• Soozcat
    Soozcat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bread is high in carbohydrates. Maybe your body is craving sugar of some kind.
  • Survivedbrooklyn
    Options
    Nothing wrong with some bread! Try to limit to 2 slices at least! :) I eat Village Heath light bread... only 40 calories a slice!
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too. Could have something to do with your body wanting some fast energy from the carbs, since I notice I get this craving more when I haven't had any caffiene. The butter could be that you need more fats?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I find a need a certain amount of carbs every day to feel good - so if you've eaten particularly low carb today that might be what's up.

Grab a slice, take it AWAY from the other slices, and eat it slowly, enjoy it. if you still want a second one have it.
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Carboholic here!!!! Bread is my downfall....Can't have just one....One bite is too much and 1000 is not enough.

I always keep 2 oz. of protein available, i.e. b/s chicken, tuna and etc....Take that a poof it's gone for me....
    Reserve 2 oz. daily...My bad craving time is nightly.
    Good Luck
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Try having fresh avocado slices and some walnuts or almonds. It will put healthy fats/carbs into your system.
  • BethHarrell
    Options
    The avocado tip works great, 1/4 of an avocado, apple slices, really take the edge of that bread craving. I was a carboholic, finding out that my cravings are going away after 10 days of eating more portion controlled amounts, having protein available as snack(1 oz turkey slice with weight watchers string cheese), and drinking more water....have lost 5 lbs so far....
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I find a need a certain amount of carbs every day to feel good - so if you've eaten particularly low carb today that might be what's up.

Grab a slice, take it AWAY from the other slices, and eat it slowly, enjoy it. if you still want a second one have it.

I am the same way. If my carbs go too low I feel awful and I'm not even really me anymore.

I would have the slice of bread and enjoy the heck out of it. :)
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Carboholic here!!!! Bread is my downfall....Can't have just one....One bite is too much and 1000 is not enough.

I always keep 2 oz. of protein available, i.e. b/s chicken, tuna and etc....Take that a poof it's gone for me....
    Reserve 2 oz. daily...My bad craving time is nightly.
    Good Luck
    Me too. I love bread and butter esp. the crust heel end of a baguette. But like you, one is not enough..and 1/2 of a baguette is highly likely..esp. if the butter is cold. Nope..no more bread for me. And I have noticed really that the craving for it has gone away..like others have said it's a carbohydrate/sugar thing..but I know how much the love of bread can drive you mad :noway:
  • Panibinka
    Panibinka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Opiates, yum.
  • HottPactKitty
    Options
    Hey I wanted to share something I recently learned because I often have cravings for like
    and entire loaf of buttered toast.
    Especially if I'm working out
    I've learned from a number of sources this is probably due to my body needing nitrogen (found in high protein foods; weird and totally contradicting since im craving fatty carbs)
    however I have noticed eating a few sliced of chicken breast or other sources of nitrogen has helped subside my craving.
    hope this helps :]