Off the subject

Options
My 7 y/o gets the smallest cold and it knocks her on her *kitten*... well, that's the way she acts.
Is there anything I can give her to boost her immune system besides childrens vitamins?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    My 7 y/o gets the smallest cold and it knocks her on her *kitten*... well, that's the way she acts.
    Is there anything I can give her to boost her immune system besides childrens vitamins?

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi there...my mother used to give me black tea with honey and lemon.

Hope she feels better soon...the SEALs I used to work with always had those Engergy C fiz tablets that you drop in a glass of water...I can't remeber the brand name.

Take care,
    Fat Dancer
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks for the tip FD.
    She has a doctor appointment on Tuesday so I'll ask.
    Thanks again:smile:

• dgrotefend
    Options
    This seems simple, but it has been studies that have proven that chicken noodle soup helps you feel better and get well faster. Also, drinks with vitamin c. You can not overdose on vit c. The body takes what it needs and flushes out the rest. :drinker: The best thing to do is drink orange juice throughout the day.

I have also used Zicam on my kids. It helps to make the cold less severe, but you must start using at the first sign of a cold. Once the cold has become full blown, it does nothing to cure it. It just helps prevent it or lessen the symptoms and duration.

Hope that helps.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,787 Member
    Options
    So bourbon is out of the question?

We always try to "fight" the cold. Then we are sick for days or weeks. Kids don't fight colds - they sleep it off and are sick for just a few days.

Also, are you sure it's not allergies? Those can knock you out for weeks.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thank you so much. I load up the kids on soup & OJ when they're sick. She had chicken noodle soup for lunch today & took an hour nap and feels better. It's a small cold, little runny nose and a cough. I'm sure she'll be better in 2 days or so.
    Thank you so much for your advice.

• Healthier_Me
    Options

We always try to "fight" the cold. Then we are sick for days or weeks. Kids don't fight colds - they sleep it off and are sick for just a few days.

She's only been extremely sick twice and that was with the flu.
    I don't know of she has allergies so I'll ask her doctor when she goes for a check-up.

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

She's only been extremely sick twice and that was with the flu.
    I don't know of she has allergies so I'll ask her doctor when she goes for a check-up.

I was always told and have acted on....

Warm sugar free jello, OJ, Chicken soups/broths and lots and lots of rest!!!
    Other then that, nothing that comes to mind.
    Unless of course, and I am NOT a doctor, a check up.......
  • moonshadow
    Options
    the trick to chicken soup is how you make it. Its not the chicken soup that helps its the garlic you put in it. You can use chicken broth 1cup /1clove of garlic and drink. It tastes good to. Garlic is a natural anti biotic. I use this for myself and family. If you already have cold it will knock it out faster but if you could catch it right before it starts would be better. If she gets sick alot may drink this everyday to keep it away
    also intake of sugar products will drop immune system. Good luck
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    For me it was a good old Vick's rub down, and warm clothes put on me , sometimes when they put it on my chest and neck they would pin a scarf around my neck to. I use to get the cold vaporizers when my children were little and set it next to their bed and a mist would go into the air over them. Sorry she's not feeling so well, it's tough on the little ones.:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
    She took a cat nap and now is feeling tons better.
    She had more chicken noodle soup for dinner too.
    I'm making sure she drinks a lot of liquids.
    Thanks again.