Ive been eating like crap this week.. so why am I losing??

Options
This doesnt make sense to me at all? I have really been watching what I eat and normally lose about a pound a week.. This week IDK if its TOM, Girl Scout cookie time, holidays or whatever.. but I have been eating treats everyday..AND Ive been losing weight??. Like 2 pounds this week? Is my body retarded?
I mean Im happy dont get me wrong... its just in the past Ive had to struggle for EVERY pound.. and now Im eating junk and its falling off??

Replies

• Aussie4870
    Options
    i would just run with it and not overthink it... :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is the junk ending up with you "Eating your exercise calories" that you don't normally do? Or just increasing your caloric intake? Each time I've stalled so far the way to get loss moving again was to eat more... sounds like you may have stumbled on the same trick, "eat less lose more" certainly doesn't apply to everyone, its one of those "common sense" things that isn't really true.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i would just run with it and not overthink it... :)

Amen sista-friend!
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I heard, unsure the accuracy that when u follow a strict diet or calorie amount your body gets used to it or adjusts to it but when you throw in an OCCASIONAL higher calorie meal or day, your body gets throwed off track and actually works harder making your metabolism a bit faster. I've heard it many times but unsure of where they got their sources
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Beats me. The holiday treats have started around here so after I thought I was finished for the night I had another slice of pumkin roll and 2 seven layer cookies and I weigh less this morning than I have in the last 8 years.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    you probably weren't eating enough before.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary and how little you eat I'm going to guess you are now eating at a proper caloric level to lose weight.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I checked your diary. You are staying under Calories. That is more important to fat loss than what you eat.
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    That's good news!!!
  • dlongshot7
    Options
    Your body was so used to your healthy intake of calories that eating like this has "thrown it for a loop" and causing it to work harder to burn calories.... some people will "spike" a day every now and then and go over their calorie intake because it makes your body work harder and not get stuck in a plateau.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Lol Wish i was you
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just don't get comfortable..the magic will last only a few weeks before you body gets comfortable again and you will no longer start losing, but gaining from the junk. It's good to stay strict (but eat enough calories) and then every few weeks do what you are doing now to keep the pounds falling off. I am in the process, now, of figuring out which caloric numbers works good for me.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You are losing because you are in a caloric deficit.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    yup without the junk food you're way under on calorie intake. Try upping your calories with healthy snacks and see what happens :)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This happens to me I tend to stay under in calories, but at least once a week I go over and I always end up going to the bathroom a lot if you know what I mean. Sorry if TMI and I lose weight...
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i love love love when this happens to me!! :tongue:
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Maybe your portions were small serving sizes... portions play a big part in weight loss as well!
  • martinh78
    Options
    I work away now and again and have a week of processed foods and pub dinners etc, don't exercise and go way over my calories and still seem to loose. I know this wouldn't happen if I did it every week, but I think one week every so often (every 5 or 6 weeks) seems to do me some good. I go straight to the gym when I get back and do my best workouts as well. Go figure!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You're eating at a deficit = weight loss.
  • JU_CFRUIT
    JU_CFRUIT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    THIS ALSO HAPPEN TO ME, I FELL OFF FOR TWO WEEK TO CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY .I DID A LOT OF DRINKING AND NOT SO MUCH EATING . I DID GO YO GYM BECAUSE I WAS OUT OF TOWN , I GOT UP AND TOOK A HOUR WALK EVERY MORNING. SO WHEN I WEIGH IN I EXPECTING TO C A 2 TO 5 LB GAIN . TO MY SURPRISE I LOSE TO 2LBS, I WAS SO HAPPY U WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I LOST 20. I WILL TAKE A NEGATIVE 2 OVER A PLUS 2 ANY DAY.