Gaining and losing

Options
Does anyone else gain a pound but lose body fat and inches? Is it just a vicious cycle? Then again Hubby said I was stressed all week about not losing and I didn't lose!!! :(

I remember last week I lost 2 lbs but didn't lose inches or anything and then today I gain 1 lbs but ended up losing inches and body fat!!! We just started hitting the gym last week too and maybe my body is getting into the groove? I also had a beer last night to but I don't think 1 beer would make me gain a pound? Oh wow!!! Breath in breath out breath in breath out. Okay venting and question is done!!!

Replies

• Denssa
    Denssa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i started the gym 3 weeks ago, i have lost two pounds and that is it. i'm so frustrated, I'm watching what I am eating and going 3 to 4 times a week. somethings gotta give.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Ok, so a few things. When you first start resistance training you are able to build muscle quickly. Sooo, it's possible that you've lost fat and gain muscle. Also, if you exchange 2lbs of fat for 2lbs of muscle your inches will be less because pound of pound muscle is smaller and more compact than fat...not to mention sexier too.

Denssa, are you doing resistance at the gym. If so, keep doing it. a little under a lb per week is a good rate. Keep it up.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You should relax and take a long, slow, cleansing breath. Laddyboy is absolutely right and I agree with him 100%. Please, please don't obsess about the scale and just keep doing the things you are doing. Cloths will continue to get looser and you will continue to feel better. The scale can be your enemy in the journey you are taking. Have your husband hide it for a few weeks and just relax.
  • Malani2010
    Options
    You should relax and take a long, slow, cleansing breath. Laddyboy is absolutely right and I agree with him 100%. Please, please don't obsess about the scale and just keep doing the things you are doing. Cloths will continue to get looser and you will continue to feel better. The scale can be your enemy in the journey you are taking. Have your husband hide it for a few weeks and just relax.

We have already done that!!! I weigh in once a week which is on Saturday's!!! I did a lot of gym workouts that could have shocked my body down. I just hope that next week it starts to show better results!!
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    Remember the old joke "Which weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of lead?"
    That is what you are experiencing! Volume!
    Think of what is bigger, a lb of feathers or a lb of lead.
    Muscle, by volume, weighs more than fat. You are losing nice fluffy fat and gaining hard muscle.

RELAX! It's a GOOD thing!
    ;D