Self Control, What are you controlling?

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
In a way this site is all about Self Control.
Right now I am using all the self control I have to not buy a 50" LED/LCD TV.

What are you using your self control to do/not do?

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I think you should get it. Go on, you deserve it. I'm not helping I know. Black Friday is just around the corner and I have the bug.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    we have 2. and actually they are 52". my husband is crazy.

what am I controlling? my desire to go shopping for a LOT of new clothes. I need to get by on what I have for a while, I have a few new things.

I am controlling my temper, it's another rough patch, but I will not scream like a banshee at my 10 year old who got suspended for fighting. grrr. (I have 3 boys and this bullying bugs me because one of my other boys dealt with bullies for years because of his differences (he has asperger's).
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I use self control in traffic everyday - if I had a snowplow instead of a Honda Si, it would be different.

We are only using cash. Best thing we ever did.
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am controlling the need to run off and not be a mom today and a woman for once. Being a mom seems like its all I am. Oh and decorating my living room its annoying the crap out of me.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    To not drink half and half. I love it.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    To maintain my weight loss, to get over over indulging on carbs, and to tone up my body.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Spending money, trying to be patient. I want our house! But the bank is jerking us around, and since when have mortgage approvals been taken away last minute? I could scream!... but I will control myself. *deep breaths*
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Smack stupid people. haha. jk...jk..
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am controlling my craving for chinese ...I haven't been in a long time, but I will be seeing my family in 3 weeks and I am going to visit my favorite chinese restaurant in Tulsa and no there won't be much control...
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am controlling the need to run off and not be a mom today and a woman for once. Being a mom seems like its all I am. Oh and decorating my living room its annoying the crap out of me.

^^ The run off for a day part. My husband and I have a hotel reserved in another city for Thursday and Friday night. Right now I am controlling the urge to tell him to stay hom, I'm going alone - don't know if I will continue to control that.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I really want a beer...some pizza...pasta...any sort of comfort food.

I also really want some egg nog...oooo...egg nog.

...Yet I resist, it is a triumph of the will!
  • Using my self control to avoid eating when I'm bored. That's one of my hardest obstacles to overcome!! Even though I snack on relatively healthy food, its still extra calories I don't need!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm using my self-control to not indulge in binge eating..... I've come along way...

Oh and to stop buying purses :( ..... I'm only allowed to buy one purse per major goal reached... Self-Control at it's bests!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Smack stupid people. haha. jk...jk..
    That's one of the toughest things to control.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Get the TV - you deserve it! I am using self-control to stay with my exercise commitment to myself (at least 30 minutes daily). :flowerforyou:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    My laughter...you crack me up!!!!!!! Get the TV!
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am using my self control not to buy a new pair of Dansko shoes.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I practiced self control today by not ***** slapping my dumbass coworker today