Before and Current (not after yet)

Options
]November2011small-2-1-1.jpg
Okay. I am really not sure I want to do this. I still don't like looking at pictures of myself. I try very hard to stay behind cameras. I think this is a part of my healing and I hope that it will give newbie’s (and returning newbie’s) some motivation. Its hard for me not to look at what still needs to be done but even I have to admit there is some real progress here. This has been a year and a half journey so far. This is a journey without a destination. This is a life style that I plan on continuing with for as long as I am on this earth. No diet. No starvation. No foods off limits. This is just me making good choices by eating lots and lots of good fresh healthy natural foods and moving more. Paying attention and giving my body what it needs more often then I give it what it thinks it wants, I am taking it one day at a time. I am even having a hard time with making a goal. Here are some answers that have been asked recently in other posts. What size do I want to get to? I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I am sitting here in sz 10 pants that are getting too big. Even as a teen I was at least a 12. I have made it to the point that I am no longer considered Obese. I would really like to hit the "normal" range, whatever that is. It does not seem possible but then getting into a 10 didn't seem possible either. Like I said...One day at a time...

Note: 1st picture is around 2009, 2nd one is November 2011. I am only 5'2. This is around 60-65# loss. sz 18/20 to sz10.

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What a difference!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I just went to the pics on photo bucket. You look fantastic! Can't wait to see your after pics.
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    Very nice change!!!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WTG, you look beautiful and younger, too!
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look dramatically better. I don't blame you for resisting goals and other metrics, especially since your way is working for you.
  • Wow! looking good :)
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    November2011small-2-1.jpg

Okay. I am really not sure I want to do this. I still don't like looking at pictures of myself. I try very hard to stay behind cameras. I think this is a part of my healing and I hope that it will give newbie’s (and returning newbie’s) some motivation. Its hard for me not to look at what still needs to be done but even I have to admit there is some real progress here. This has been a year and a half journey so far. This is a journey without a destination. This is a life style that I plan on continuing with for as long as I am on this earth. No diet. No starvation. No foods off limits. This is just me making good choices by eating lots and lots of good fresh healthy natural foods and moving more. Paying attention and giving my body what it needs more often then I give it what it thinks it wants, I am taking it one day at a time. I am even having a hard time with making a goal. Here are some answers that have been asked recently in other posts. What size do I want to get to? I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I am sitting here in sz 10 pants that are getting too big. Even as a teen I was at least a 12. I have made it to the point that I am no longer considered Obese. I would really like to hit the "normal" range, whatever that is. It does not seem possible but then getting into a 10 didn't seem possible either. Like I said...One day at a time...

Note: 1st picture is around 2009, 2nd one is November 2011. I am only 5'2. This is around 60-65# loss. sz 18/20 to sz10.

Awesome job! you look fantastic! You can see the happy in your eyes! awesome way to look at it as a lifestyle change you will be able to keep it up long term without depriving yourself! Keep up the goodwork!
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    very nice going! and you're right, its a life long choice and wanting vs needing is a tough battle.
    I cant picture myself anything different right now either because I've been this way for a while and it's slow going, but I've been much skinnier before so I know it's possible. Maybe not exactely how I looked 10 yrs ago, but something similar. Obviously two kids later, it's not going to be like it was before!

You look amazing, shirt tucked in an all! VERY very nice going, and sending you some (((hugs))) for the "rest" of the journey! One day, one step, one picture at a time, and no worries, you should stand in front of the camera without shame! :)
  • mandee360
    Options
    WELL DONE :D keep up the great work! you are looking great :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Way to go!
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love the healthy and happy look you have now compared to earlier! :-)
    It takes time and there is more than enough challenges but it is paying off every day more and more when you get closer to your healthiest possible form. I like more "Feel Goal" than "Weight Goal"; you will know when you have reached the weight where you FEEL the best (also when you look the mirror and photos).
    Enjoy!!!
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, you look great! Keep it up :)
  • bsimoneaux
    bsimoneaux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing. I know the feeling you are expressing about "what size do I want to be in". I've gone from a 20-22 to currently in a size 12. It doesn't seem real, I still feel fat, but yea...the size is a 12, hard to wrap your head around it. You are right this can't be a diet, it has to be a lifestyle change. The new YOU. Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Amazing work. Keep it up!
  • dorairwin
    Options
    Awesome job! What a difference:flowerforyou:
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing those with us! :D
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YOU are amazing. I like what you have to say about goals. I hadn't thought of goals that way before but for me if I set a goal and meet it, then what. If we set weight goals, size goals, and other limiting goals while on a weight loss journey, when we reach that goal it tends to signal the end. In fact, if we adopt a lifestyle change without specific goals it leaves the journey open ended for continuing on. I don't think this is a journey that should end. I like your take on that. Thank you for posting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!