ENJOYABLE workout videos?

Options
Hello MFPers! I am looking for an enjoyable, fun workout video. I want something to do in the winter that I can look forward to. I was thinking along the lines of bellydancing or a fun, aerobic workout. However, I am not especially coordinated and have trouble with dance routine videos, like Carmen Electra's Striptease (don't know why I BOUGHT this!!!) If you have any suggestions for a fun workout video, please let me know. Thanks and have a wonderful Saturday! :)

Replies

• LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Fire, but it is a bit harder to learn, mostly kickboxing style. I also like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I like the 30day shred and also Cardio Max from the series 'the biggest loser'
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Turbofire. Doesn't feel like you're working out. It's high energy cardio kickboxing (which I LOVE) & has GREAT music :)
    I actually look forward to my workouts every single day :)
  • Joanie823
    Options
    Zumba is fun, and not to hard to get into either, I have it for the WII and it is a really good workout. I also like playing just dance, it may not seem like it but it can be a good fun workout, my arms get tired after a while.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I suggest Turbo Fire (or an intensity step down for kickboxing beginners, Turbo Jam), Jillian Michael's has some great DVDs, Bob Harpers DVDs are good too. If you have an On Demand service there are a ton of free videos under Exercise TV.
  • margurithrt
    Options
    In all fairness, Carmen Electra's Striptease is actually a really difficult workout, particularly if you're not flexible. (I bought it for a friend as a gag gift for her bridal shower, it looked RIDICULOUS!). I've really enjoyed a couple exercise dance ones that I have for the Wii that have proven to be challenging, but not ridiculous in terms of difficulty. On the other hand, I'm learning tap dance right now for a community theatre show I'm in and it's kicking my butt.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love Jillians 30DS its quick and effective and she really motivates you to work hard x
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hehhehehe, I have tens of fitness dvds I hardly ever use but most I have opted for those having latin rhytms in them, they feel energetic and fun.
    My all time favorite has been "Latina Size" www.amazon.co.uk/Latinasize-DVD-Lilia-Kopylova/dp/B000JJ7BW2 which is very clear and quite easy to learn.
    Have a good time sweatting! :-)
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Michelle Dozois' especially the Peak Fit series. LUV!!
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in bellydance, a dvd I'd suggest is:
    http://www.amazon.com/Belly-Dance-Beginners-Leila/dp/B001TK80FC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321719045&sr=8-1

It's relatively cheap, it has a wide array of lessons with different times, and is a total of 240 minutes long (you don't have to do it all at once). I've seen some dvds that are twice the cost and only 40 minutes long :-(

Bhangra and Bollywood are fun forms of dance and a few dvds I'd suggest are:

http://www.amazon.com/Bhangra-Beats-Round-Jay-Patel/dp/B000VFIDT4/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1321719297&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Dances-India-Urban-Bhangra-Bounce/dp/B000LXGP50/ref=pd_cp_mov_3

http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Bollywood-Dance-Fitness-Dhoom/dp/B0031R2GMO/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_b
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The Firm is pretty good too...I would suggest go to beachbody.com or collagevideo.com to see reviews, segments, to pick your style...It's all good...JUST DO IT ! I also do yoga videos at home. I got so sick and tired of the gym, crowded classes on their schedule.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Michelle Dozois' especially the Peak Fit series. LUV!!

I want to get those soon.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is a good workout.

If you are looking for fun dance workouts, you can try Island Girl Dance Fitness Workouts. You can view the workouts on youtube and buy the workouts from Amazon.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jackie Warner-I personally think her DVDs are far superior to Jillian Michaels, but in all fairness they're different styles! Try Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series...she's a wee bit cheesy and perky, but really fun! She has a couple that are nice to shake it up.
    If you have Netflix or one of those exercise channels on cable/satellite, why not take a peek? I have Netflix and have a few workouts queued in there that I would not do otherwise!
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know this seems silly, but if you own the movie Napoleon Dynamite, you have a workout video already! On bad days, I used to come home and skip to the end of the movie when he's doing his dance routine. Try to learn the dance routine! It will take a good 30 minutes and you'll be laughing your butt off by the end of it!