NSV

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
Today, at the gym I ran 3.24 miles in 37 minutes! I am so excited...I was able to run the entire way without stopping once! I've been training for a while, gradually increasing my distance. I did a 5k last month but it took me a long time to finish and I had to walk some.
I can't even begin to say how happy I am today.

A year ago I could barely walk around the block..now, I am running.

My weight loss is slow due to very slow metabolism(had a test done) so creating a 500 calorie deficit from food a day isn't possible for me:( but, I'm not going to let that get me down.. it will come off and I will be healthy and fit!

Replies

• afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    good for you! what a great achievement! :)
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Verry Happy and Excited for you! May many more come your way! =)
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I've been run/walking for awhile, but last weekend was the first 5k I raced where I ran the whole way too! And there were hills! It's a super feeling. Congrats! :bigsmile:
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh that's amazing!!! Great progress :) you're an inspiration!!!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wow well done! I've taken up running as well and love it, it gets better the more you do!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Superb! NSV indeed! I can relate to the slow metabolism! Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • mhig011975
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. I'm doing my first 5K tomorrow in Birmingham, Alabama with my twin.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    SUPER!!
    I bet you are grinning from ear to ear.
    WAY TO GO!!!
    You are doing amazing!:flowerforyou:

Keep pushing forward.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It takes a looooooong time to get your body built up to run longer and longer without stopping. This is a huge accomplishment and you deserve to feel so happy as you do! Congratulations and keep up the good work--I'm sure you will continue to amaze yourself with what you can do.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That's great! Fantastic job.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Nice one!! Doing the Happy Dance burns calories too!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Excellent and inspirational to all of us with the slow metabolism, my body conserves every calorie, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!